Fuel tank skid

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Is the fuel tank supported in any way by the skid plate? I'm gonna pound the dent out that I got over the weekend in the fuel tank skid plate. Never dropped the tank on a JK. Are there straps that support the tank?

dillard09

Just leave it. Better clearance and less weight now that you can't get as much gas in.
Check out Moby. If I'm correct Eddie is still running stock gas tank skid and it is beat up.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Probably nothing to worry about, but about the size of a baseball, maybe 3/4"-1" deep. But it is crushed up against the tank.

Here's mine, is it about this size of dent?

Attachments

• 1434412775180.jpg
    1434412775180.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 76

Spudcannons

I have a couple like that. Not worth dropping the tank. I would leave it, but if that worries you grab a new beefier one if your dropping the tank might as well upgrade.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have no intention of replacing it with an aftermarket. They can't be that much better. I know exactly when I got the dent and I'd say the factory skid held up pretty well considering almost the entire weight of the Jeep fell on it.

I have no intention of replacing it with an aftermarket. They can't be that much better. I know exactly when I got the dent and I'd say the factory skid held up pretty well considering almost the entire weight of the Jeep fell on it.

I've ran the factory and beat the hell out of mine (my tank doesn't read full anymore lol). I purchased a rock hard skid to help get me through Moab but it won't work with my 1410 rear shaft it hits it. So I'm back to factory. I'll probably replace it with another factory one soon :yup:

Spudcannons

I've ran the factory and beat the hell out of mine (my tank doesn't read full anymore lol). I purchased a rock hard skid to help get me through Moab but it won't work with my 1410 rear shaft it hits it. So I'm back to factory. I'll probably replace it with another factory one soon :yup:

1410. :D:eek: prorock 80?

Top Bottom