JKUR key fob range

Rccrwlr

Have an 08' JKUR and put a soft top on and it seems key fobs done't have the same range anymore they did with the hard top. Anyone have this issue with a soft top?

We have to get right up to the Jeep before the fobs will work. We tried new batteries and 3 different keys all with the same result.

Was thinking the remote module had fallen further down in the dash but I'm not sure what controls this.

Anyone have an idea?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I've in the past been told touch key fob to your chin when you press unlock and it will extend range. Have seen it work sometimes and others do nothing. Can't hurt to try lol

toxicwaste29

Ya but the fob near your head and it amplifies the signal. I don't have a soft top so I can't help on the reduced range

Rccrwlr

Lol no really aim around your head and play like that you'll see that it will amp the range and I'm not playing google it

I've in the past been told touch key fob to your chin when you press unlock and it will extend range. Have seen it work sometimes and others do nothing. Can't hurt to try lol

Ya but the fob near your head and it amplifies the signal. I don't have a soft top so I can't help on the reduced range

Ok so that was high school with alarm fobs. It works from long range (4-5 car lengths) with the hard top on. Why is the soft top any different.

07JKSahara

Ok so that was high school with alarm fobs. It works from long range (4-5 car lengths) with the hard top on. Why is the soft top any different.

Not sure, mine is actually better with the top off. Could be the support beams in the soft top deflecting the signal. The hard top is just fiber glass, so that's something. 😕

Jeep 618

Some times the antenna can go bad and affect the range of single I have had to replace them before. I'm a locksmiths by trade.....

Tree Frog

2013 with a hard top, just worked fine from the 8th floor of a hotel through thick glass. Jeep was out a ways in the lot too.

Best range of any vehicle I have ever owned.

Something sounds wrong.

Good luck with it Sir. Let us know if you find the problem.

Rccrwlr

2013 with a hard top, just worked fine from the 8th floor of a hotel through thick glass. Jeep was out a ways in the lot too.

Best range of any vehicle I have ever owned.

Something sounds wrong.

Good luck with it Sir. Let us know if you find the problem.

I agree. Was thinking that something happened on receiving side. Is there an antenna or something on the vehicle?

Top Bottom