3.6 Pentastar Maintenance

JKZA

Hi there,

I did the search, and also saw those write ups, but as you've also acknowledged, it is for the 3.8.

I'm specifically looking for info on the 2012 onwards with the new engine and transmission.

Erik

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hi there,

I did the search, and also saw those write ups, but as you've also acknowledged, it is for the 3.8.

I'm specifically looking for info on the 2012 onwards with the new engine and transmission.

Erik

Spark plugs should be changed at 96k miles. Or are you asking how to change them?
Oil change is easy on a 3.6.. Just get the correct filter and oil is up to you. Dino or synthetic..

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Hi there,

Erik

Not going to post the link here but you can easily find what you need by using Google and searching "change sparkplugs on 2012 jeep wrangler".........the very first one that comes up has a step by step instruction on how to change the spark plugs on a 2012 Wrangler 3.6.........

~Woodrow~

JKZA

I was hoping to get some help with replacing them, it looks like the intake manifold has to be removed to get to the plugs on the left bank.

I would also appreciate information wrt changing the transmission oil and filter on the 5spd auto.

JKZA

Not going to post the link here but you can easily find what you need by using Google and searching "change sparkplugs on 2012 jeep wrangler".........the very first one that comes up has a step by step instruction on how to change the spark plugs on a 2012 Wrangler 3.6.........

~Woodrow~

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Top Bottom