Oil pan skid Options?

OHIORUBICON

Took my first real wheeling trip in my new to me JKUR with 6MT over Memorial day weekend and had a blast and was very please with it! That being said I beat up the oil pan on a stump in a tight spot at night. What do you guys recommend for oil pan protection? or should I just save the money for a lift? I have included some pics of the oil pan with some minor dents in it. I cant see why it would be a problem running it how it is but let me know if anyone would for see it being a problem?

The EVO Protec fits really tight over the oil pan and you might have some issues getting it installed based on the damage you have.

Peak

EVO ProTek skids are the best option imo. If you just want the Oil Pan skid, they sell it separate as well.

Is that over the oil pan or its own oil pan? any concern with damaging the block (breaking bolts ect..) if it takes a hard shot?

Yes it goes over the oil pan - I'm not concerned with it being bolted to the block. Plus if you hit it that hard you might be doing it wrong. :D

OHIORUBICON

Panda mentioned he dented his before he put the skid on, dealership said it was fine, but I didn't see it before. He might have better input.

Thanks, I didn't know it happened till I got underneath it to clean it so I drove it home ect and didn't have any problems ect... so I'm kinda assuming its good, not to worried about it

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Anyone see an issue with running my oil pan in that condition as far as oil pick up to the motor?

Can't comment on of it will be good or not but being that it is a lower pan, one option would be to replace it with a new lower pan and place the EVO skid plate on at the same time since you have to remove the bolts anyways. That is if your worries about it.

OHIORUBICON

Can't comment on of it will be good or not but being that it is a lower pan, one option would be to replace it with a new lower pan and place the EVO skid plate on at the same time since you have to remove the bolts anyways. That is if your worries about it.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by lower pan?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by lower pan?

The oil pan is a two piece pan. The lower portion is where the EVO skid bolts up and goes around to protect. You have to remove the bolts and nuts that hold the lower pan on to install the EVO skid.

Unfortunately you can't get just the lower pan. I tried to do exactly that because I beat up my pan as well. The whole assembly is over $200 if I recall correctly. I just slapped the EVO skid over the pan and called it a day. Works fine.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately you can't get just the lower pan. I tried to do exactly that because I beat up my pan as well. The whole assembly is over $200 if I recall correctly. I just slapped the EVO skid over the pan and called it a day. Works fine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434510001.781753.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434510085.975634.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434510097.494940.jpg

That's funny cause I found these with a quick search.

Top Bottom