Need a route from Sacramento Area to Usal Road on the Lost Coast in Mendocino

MotoMatthew

Hi all. I'm looking to take the girlfriend out to Usal Road.

For those that live in CA and have never been to the Lost Coast it is pretty bitchin. It's not a serious wheeling road, but you could have trouble getting through the North part in a low clearance vehicle (not the part by the beach - that's really easy).

I've done that road a number of times on my motorcycles while camping up around there. I've never done it in a Jeep though. Does anyone have a good route or ideas for roads/trails getting to/from there or just in the general area? I'm not looking for a hard core wheeling trip. Just some sweet back and dirt roads. Usal Rd. would be the hardest difficulty I'm looking for for this one - I'll be going without any support or spare parts :) Trying to plan something this weekend. Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions!!!

Crawler Kitty

Hi all. I'm looking to take the girlfriend out to Usal Road.

For those that live in CA and have never been to the Lost Coast it is pretty bitchin. It's not a serious wheeling road, but you could have trouble getting through the North part in a low clearance vehicle (not the part by the beach - that's really easy).

I've done that road a number of times on my motorcycles while camping up around there. I've never done it in a Jeep though. Does anyone have a good route or ideas for roads/trails getting to/from there or just in the general area? I'm not looking for a hard core wheeling trip. Just some sweet back and dirt roads. Usal Rd. would be the hardest difficulty I'm looking for for this one - I'll be going without any support or spare parts :) Trying to plan something this weekend. Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions!!!

We love Usal but I've never made the trip from Sac. Enjoy! Let us know how it goes, I have family in Sac might be a good family trip

MotoMatthew

After I get it downloaded I'll post up my track. It could use a little tweaking before use. Some roads I planned on using turned out to be Moto only so I had to improvise. Got a little lost on one loop too. Lol.

Top Bottom