LS conversion for jeep

Metalmasher

I am building a 550 horse LS conversion for my 2008 jk 4 door! I was wondering if any of you had converted to an LS or know anybody who has? I mostly decided to build one because if the cost compared to the hemi! Way cheaper with more options for tuning after it is up and running.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
there are a couple of guys out there, one in vegas i believe who've done this successfully. in a lot of ways, it's an ideal choice over a hemi.

Metalmasher

I'm talking to a guy in southern cal that's done 7 conversions, the wiring harness is really the only thing I worried about!

Markymark420

At the Offroad Expo this year I had a long talk with some gentlemen from Oceanside, CA who do the turn key conversions utilizing just about any GM 8 cylinder. I'll have to look thru my business cards when I get home to come up with the name & #.

FoxC

There's a nice write up in the fall12 4x4garage mag about a LS3 install by Motec out of vegas. (lswrangler.com) Maybe you can pull some ideas from this...:beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a nice write up in the fall12 4x4garage mag about a LS3 install by Motec out of vegas. (lswrangler.com) Maybe you can pull some ideas from this...:beer:

okay, this is the guy i was thinking of

At the Offroad Expo this year I had a long talk with some gentlemen from Oceanside, CA who do the turn key conversions utilizing just about any GM 8 cylinder. I'll have to look thru my business cards when I get home to come up with the name & #.

i heard a lot of folks talking about a guy in oceanside who did a great job with this. if you can get his info posted up, that would be great :thumb:

Markymark420

This is all I could find at the moment.
Just to give an idea of cost, IIRC the rough est. for a 5.3L V8 swap, including price of engine/tranny was $23k. Also including a smog cert.

Attachments

• image-1974627272.jpg
    image-1974627272.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2172361760.jpg
    image-2172361760.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is all I could find at the moment.
Just to give an idea of cost, IIRC the rough est. for a 5.3L V8 swap, including price of engine/tranny was $23k. Also including a smog cert.

awesome, thanks!! $23k is still a chunk of change though :crazyeyes:

Markymark420

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! That is significantly more than I would have to eat if I traded in my '11 on a '13.
Had I known that the '11s were going to be the bastard step-children....I would have waited a few months.

Last edited:

Metalmasher

This is a different guy his name is randy( at this point I fell like I should get his permission before I go blazing his company name on the Internet ) I am building my own Ls but his cost for the installation and wiring harness like 7500.00! Witch if you can find a junk yard LS with an L 80 Trans for 3000.00 then your looking tops 13-15 k with cooling and transfer case!

I have meet the guy in Vegas a couple times. They have turn key kits. And the installs look clean. I'm waiting for my 3.8 to give then I'm making the switch to the LS

Chairokey

I have meet the guy in Vegas a couple times. They have turn key kits. And the installs look clean. I'm waiting for my 3.8 to give then I'm making the switch to the LS

Did anyone else get a mental image of Notajerryskid driving highway speeds in 2nd gear? lol

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Off Road Evolution posted this pic of a 6.2 liter swapped into a JK on their Facebook page.

Attachments

• image-4129639039.jpg
    image-4129639039.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom