Bushwacker flat fender flares

Dllamas

I just installed a xrc gen2 stubby rear bumper and I am debating on getting busheackers flat fenders on my jeep because my stock fenders look to ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434578825.856382.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434578921.836493.jpg big and fat now anybody having this same problem if so can yall show how your flat fenders flares look on a rear stubby bumper thanks a

jedg

Trim your OEM flares. Cheaper, look fine, and less likely to incur body damage if the trimmed fender contacts something.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm being cheap about it but I really want river raiders

Oh yeah, you asked for pictures. Here are flats with a bumper about the same width as yours. I would highly discourage you from putting any type of metal fenders on your jeep.

Attachments

• 1434582456565.jpg
    1434582456565.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 278

thardy

Banned
I don't trust myself for cutting

You might be able to find someone on here that's close to you and has some experience cutting them to help ya out. Around here you can usually find a fender trimming party once a month.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What's wrong with metal

If you don't mind body damage, I guess they're fine. Energy has to go somewhere if hit. That's where your body sheet metal comes into play. Some pictures from MCE when I was doing research on them.

Attachments

• 1434582835749.jpg
    1434582835749.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 1434582861761.jpg
    1434582861761.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 1434582877487.jpg
    1434582877487.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 271

thardy

Banned
What's wrong with metal

I personally like the look of the PS flares, but the issue with metal is if you make contact with them on the trail, chances are you're going to end up damaging the actual fender, where as with plastic flares, they will flex or break off before damaging the fender.

moorecb3

You might be able to find someone on here that's close to you and has some experience cutting them to help ya out. Around here you can usually find a fender trimming party once a month.

I wish someone would have a fender trimming party around me

Dyerjk

Trimming is a great way to go. I installed BW a few months ago. They can scrap up easily, but they offer some forgiveness. Metal looks way better, but I run some right trails and need a little margin of error.

kornchip

Maybe some cheap insurance.. but you could watch craigslist for stock flares and cut them prior to installing. Worst case you could get a practice run in at a cheap cost.

jedg

Really, trimming the fenders is the way to go. As seen in the above photos, the metal ones will send that energy somewhere you don't want. I have bushwackers... they were a gift and so I run them. I've got a couple friends with them and one contacted a tree... the flare came off but it still did some body damage as they are quite stiff. If he had trimmed OEMs they would have flexed or pulled off and the only damage would likely be the clips that hold the OEM flare on.

kpig

From personal experience, I would cut the stock fenders if I could do it all over. Just spent a couple of hours pulling my right front fender out after dropping off a small ledge and hitting my Genright aluminum fender onto a rock during the JKX Middle America. Mel looked at me with this look of sorrow, then said there is nothing like the stock fenders. I couldn't agree more right now especially after seeing Evolander drop off the same small rock and hit the plastic MCE fender, which bent instead of pushing the sheet metal in like on mine. I love the look of the steel or aluminum flat fenders, but it does more harm than good. Just make an informed decision.

Top Bottom