Warn Zeon 10-S vs. Warn 9.5CTI-S

mcsjk

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a new winch as soon as I can get my Powerplant sold, and I have it narrowed down to either the Warn Zeon 10-s or the Warn 9.5CTI Contactor with synthetic line.

Looking for reviews of either and/or thoughts on one vs. the other, pro's and con's of each, etc.

I know the CTI is $350 more expensive and has 500 pounds less pulling capacity but other than that, I'm torn.

My instincts tell me to go Zeon because it's cheaper and stronger. Any reasons I should go with the CTI?

I love my zeon. It's nice knowing if you get stuck you have a dependable winch you know is gonna work, but you get that from both of your choices here. I'd say go zeon and spend the $350 you save on something else.

Wardell

I had debated between these two winches as well. The 9.5CTI-s has a faster line speed and a thermal indicator (IIRC, it's just a red light on the remote that warns you when it gets close to overheating). The Zeon 10-s has lower performance but it also has a lower amp draw on your battery. The Zeons are also IP68 rated for being dust and waterproof (I'm not sure what the 9.5CTI-s is rated).

The other big difference is that the 9.5cti-s is an off-centre setup, while the Zeons have their spool centred between the mounting screws. That can make a difference depending on which bumper you want to mount it in. The Zeons also has a removable control pack on the top that you can relocate to another part of the vehicle (i.e. under the hood) to install it in a tight space if you need to, but that shouldn't be needed on a Jeep bumper unless you want a minimal look.

I hope that helps.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
I got the Zeon 10 and so far am very happy with it. Added the wireless pack for $100 and I'm good to go. Got it on Zoro.com with a 20% coupon and was delivered for free. I think with the remote my total was $900, $805 for the winch itself

Top Bottom