2011 JKU Sport - Researching to add Power Locks/Windows

newblood

Howdy folks!

I'm back again still with my 2011 JKU Sport (that I now own outright! Whoo!). I've got a bit of a predicament on my hands now though. The wife and I recently had a son and she's been using my Jeep as her daily driver. She likes the space of it and being higher up. The problem is that my sport is a super stock sport. No power door locks, no power windows. And she's just about had it with that.

So now I either have to get power door locks (windows a plus) into my Jeep, or "It's gotta go!" :eek:

I've been doing a bunch of research online and this all seems very possible. I've read about after market lock actuators (that sometimes don't fit so well in the rear doors) and aftermarket power windows regulators (that seem to work well, but you don't get the stock look for the buttons)

I'd really prefer to keep this stock, and I've got a dealership nearby who's parts department is trying to help me figure out what I'd need. They quoted me something like 5k for all the parts. Oof. Though I'm not sure what all of those parts would be.

So maybe I don't do the power windows first round through. Just the locks. But I'll still need to run new wiring harnesses to the doors and they might as well be ready to carry the power windows when I do add them. And hey the doors are open, so why not add the windows at that time?

Another pain seems to be the tailgate. Apparently changing it to accept a power lock means changing the 'body wiring harness'. Sounds complex.

If any of you have ever messed around with this stuff before I could use your help. I'm willing to do the work myself if I can do it in pieces across a couple weekends. I just need the instructions on how to do it. Any diagrams Jeep or Mopar has out there would be super helpful.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It definitely can be done and I had considered doing it to my old 09 JKU as well but unfortunately, it isn't cheap. You'd need to get motors for all your doors, locking mechanisms, wiring harnesses, switches and switch panels for the center stack and console and even if you could get it all installed, you'd still need your dealership to flash your computer to get it all to work. In the end, I just ended up leaving everything as is. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

mcsjk

You could look into some kind of Viper security system. I don't know too much about them, so they may only work if you already have locks installed, but I know they have a lot of different systems so maybe try that?

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.

Top Bottom