Off road evolution shackle mounts

rogerk93

How do you guys feel about the off road evolution shackle mounts with no bumper. I love the idea of eliminating weight but I want the protection of a steel bumper when off roading or even on the streets when someone rear ends you. Should I add steel corner guards?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You could, but in reality your stock bumper blows anyway. I am running shackles. No corners though.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434912594.780531.jpg

I like them, I also run the EVO rear fascia. Kind of gives it a "finished" look though I wouldn't say it adds any more protection than not running it. Maybe a small amount but probably not enough to matter. Rear corners would maybe help some also. I'm going to get them and the tire carrier sometime.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
How do you guys feel about the off road evolution shackle mounts with no bumper. I love the idea of eliminating weight but I want the protection of a steel bumper when off roading or even on the streets when someone rear ends you. Should I add steel corner guards?

Corner guards will likely still bend if impacted in a collision. If I wanted to run minimal and needed protection, I'd look into the EVO tire carrier. Pretty beefy and I imagine it would offer some good protection. I run the shackles and rear EVO fascia and can say I trust it far more than the stock bumper. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434912901.255989.jpg

rogerk93

Corner guards will likely still bend if impacted in a collision. If I wanted to run minimal and needed protection, I'd look into the EVO tire carrier. Pretty beefy and I imagine it would offer some good protection. I run the shackles and rear EVO fascia and can say I trust it far more than the stock bumper. View attachment 149887

I love the look. I have aluminum fender flares that can take a hit and be fine I'm sure it will add a nice touch with the mounts and fascia.

jesse3638

Hooked
The stock bumper can be better used as a door stop. It's pointless

I still have mine in my shed if anyone wants it. Free to a good home...haha. As mentioned if it's not going to be installed it would make a great door stop or as mine has been doing
, a shed space taker upper...haha

mcsjk

Corner guards will likely still bend if impacted in a collision. If I wanted to run minimal and needed protection, I'd look into the EVO tire carrier. Pretty beefy and I imagine it would offer some good protection. I run the shackles and rear EVO fascia and can say I trust it far more than the stock bumper. View attachment 149887

That looks awesome. The fascia makes it look like an actual bumper.

jkwebbie

I run the rear mounts and fascia and love them. They look so much better than stock

Attachments

• 1434936893992.jpg
    1434936893992.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 298

JRied

I went thru the same dilemma. I absolutely loved the Evo fascia and tabs, but I live in a city of 100,000 dumb drivers so had to get a rear bumper for piece of mind. Went with the smallest one I could find that fit my style and taste. Went with the JCR rear mauler stubby. My jeeps at the shop getting the bell housing seal replaced so I'll dig for a photo

JRied

Here are some pics of it, you can see it is basically as narrow as my frame allows, had to trim the bottom corner off the frame mount on each side to get it on

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435012193.383917.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435012207.268769.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435012219.126644.jpg

Ps it looks better now that I removed my exhaust from that location as well

mackey

Same here. Jeep came out real tight! Especially like those lights. 😉👍

FYI, I've had them for a year now and still dig the look and still working great. 😃

Thank you to you both. Can't wait to see it finished. I'll pick it up from EVO on Thursday.

utiadam

LOSER
Looks great! How does the finish on the aluminum hold up to years of exposure?

Well the corners have only been on since December and the fascia since maybe November. I haven't noticed any oxidation yet though. I have only used "never dull" on them once right after install.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! How does the finish on the aluminum hold up to years of exposure?

In all fairness, this hasn't been out for more than a year I think. I doubt there's anybody out there who's had years of real world exposure with it but, aluminum in general does okay unless you live out in an area where salt or other de-icing chemicals are used.

Top Bottom