Skip the 44's and go strait to 60's?

Johnywaterski

First post! Fort Worth wave.

I did some searching but really couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it.

New jk 4 dr sport

About to install Tera lift 3" short arm and 35x12.50 tires

Philosophy for the build. Daily driver/ ranch truck, in a few years , park it out there for hunting and exploring. A few camping trips in Colorado and big bend. I want to over build so that I am never broken down with 15 mi to walk in to the house in open country.

I bought the sport in the hopes of buying new axles either daynatrac or g2 44's and 4.88 gears and low moving part lockers like arb or Ox

But now I am thinking, " if I am buying all new axles, why would I not just go with Dana 60's?

Let me hear your thoughts. Pros and con please. I'm sure this has been discussed at length, please link the discussion if possible.

Thank you,

Johnywaterski

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, if you're just going to be running 35's, I would save your money and just run your factory axles until you need to upgrade. Even at that time, I would just get a PR44 and call it a day. You only really need to go 60's if you're going to be playing hard with 37's or bigger.

BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE!

mcsjk

Honestly, if you're just going to be running 35's, I would save your money and just run your factory axles until you need to upgrade. Even at that time, I would just get a PR44 and call it a day. You only really need to go 60's if you're going to be playing hard with 37's or bigger.

BTW, welcome to WAYALIFE!

Echoing what Eddie said, if it's just gonna be a ranch truck with some light wheeling I would just stick with the stockers. You could also keep an eye out for a Rubi front 44. With 35's and what it sounds like you're gonna use your Jeep for, your rear 44 should be fine. The front 30 is more susceptible to breaking so if you're really worried about it you could pickup a used Rubi 44 to put up front and save yourself some money.

Stop by the 'Give Us A Wave' section and say hey to everybody!

Top Bottom