Shackle help!

jkwebbie

So I've installed the EVO rear D-ring mounts on the JK now and I'm wanting to get some shackles for it but I don't know what kind to get. I know I sound like a noob right now but I really don't want to get some crappy shackles that are going to break on me when I need them the most! I dont want to skip on quality when on something thats going to save my butt! Thanks for the help guys!!!

I have used the hell out if my smittybuilt d-rings and have never had a problem with them. I don't think you'll ever break one. I would love to see a pic of one broken.

Tnlrat37

I'm a crane operator so I use shackles all day at work, Crosby is the way to go, we won't use anything else at work. Smittybilts will work but are made in China I believe. That being said they are very hard to break even the China made ones but I have seen it happen. A 3/4 shackle is good for nearly 5 tons, add in the 5:1 safety factor and you can pull over 20 tons before it will break. Your bumper axle and tranny will pull out before the shackle gives.

jkwebbie

I'm a crane operator so I use shackles all day at work, Crosby is the way to go, we won't use anything else at work. Smittybilts will work but are made in China I believe. That being said they are very hard to break even the China made ones but I have seen it happen. A 3/4 shackle is good for nearly 5 tons, add in the 5:1 safety factor and you can pull over 20 tons before it will break. Your bumper axle and tranny will pull out before the shackle gives.

I have used the hell out if my smittybuilt d-rings and have never had a problem with them. I don't think you'll ever break one. I would love to see a pic of one broken.

Awesome! Thanks for the help guys! This is the first time I've ever felt with shackles so I didn't really know how you would break one or anything! I'll be ordering me a pair here in the next few days!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have some of the ARB ones, were fairly inexpensive if I remember correctly. I found a place here in Oklahoma that does some in different colors. I may purchase them in black when I can. They werent that cheap though if I remember correctly. I will have to look at them again.

Top Bottom