New Currie control arm install question

NM2012CherryJK

So I will be installing my Currie control arms for the front both upper and lower. I have the AEV Caster Correction brackets on there now how should I go about swapping these out? I know they say to do them one at a time however I don't think I will be able to with the bracket on there now. Any thoughts? Thank you for the help.

09blackruby

I actually just did this. I was able to do one side at a time. I removed upper and lower control arms on passengers side. Then removed the AEV brackets from that side. Installed new adjustable control arms on that side. Repeat on the drivers side. Then I dialed in my castor adjustments once all new control arms were in place. I used ratchet straps to assist with axel alignment while installing new control arms. Worked like a charm.. I did this with all 4 tires on the ground.. I hope this makes sense.. I'm sure others will chime in..

NM2012CherryJK

I actually just did this. I was able to do one side at a time. I removed upper and lower control arms on passengers side. Then removed the AEV brackets from that side. Installed new adjustable control arms on that side. Repeat on the drivers side. Then I dialed in my castor adjustments once all new control arms were in place. I used ratchet straps to assist with axle alignment while installing new control arms. Worked like a charm.. I did this with all 4 tires on the ground.. I hope this makes sense.. I'm sure others will chime in..

Cool thanks. I have it on jack stands with the axle supported so I don't think it will move. I was upgrading the axles this weekend, was going to start taking these off tonight. Do you adjust the lowers to adjust the caster? New to JK's thanks for the help.

09blackruby

Cool thanks. I have it on jack stands with the axle supported so I don't think it will move. I was upgrading the axles this weekend, was going to start taking these off tonight. Do you adjust the lowers to adjust the caster? New to JK's thanks for the help.

I actually only have lower adjustable so was only able to adjust the lowers to set castor. I used this write up from Eddie to set my castor:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

There are a ton of discussions regarding this topic but I would start here.

Top Bottom