Weird issue

JDDK

I have an 09jku x. It has the standard stereo cd with no nav system. Issue: The digital clock does not keep accurate time. It took me quite a few times resetting the clock to realize the issue. It seems to run a bit slow. Im about 10 minutes behind now. Anyone ever heard of this before?
The jeep is slow with the 3.8, but this is ridiculous!

07JKSahara

I have an 09jku x. It has the standard stereo cd with no nav system. Issue: The digital clock does not keep accurate time. It took me quite a few times resetting the clock to realize the issue. It seems to run a bit slow. Im about 10 minutes behind now. Anyone ever heard of this before?

Yeah, my 07 losses a minute every couple of days. I reset it and move on, but it's supremely annoying.

Brankz

Have you try disconnecting the negative of the battery for 30 minutes and plugging it again ?

BlackHawk08jk

Yep it's pretty common. Mine does it to. I have an 08 Sahara. I've heard a lot of people say theirs do the same.

09blackruby

Yes, my 09JKUR does the same thing. I complained to the dealer when it was new because it drove me crazy.. They told me it was normal.. WTF, normal?? Oh well. I'm over it now.

bigrob703

My '12 does this; loses about 1 to 2 minutes every 2 weeks. Annoying, but us jeep owners make larger concessions to accommodate this way 'o life.. :thumb:

bigrob703

If there is a tsb on this, is the flash or fix free?

I am out of my 3yr/36k and last time I was at the dealer (trans cooler line recall) I was told about an auto trans shift point flash that would cost me $75.. Or if I needed three updates they would hook me up for $125..

Needless to say I left with my new trans cooler line and zero updates...

I've learned to live with the clock and just use my iPhone for the time. But if it's free..

AJE

I have a 2011 JKU and I had the same issue, they replaced the TIPM (Totally integrated power module) and the issue has gone away...bring both keys tho because they have to reprogram them...learned that the hard way.

Top Bottom