Coolant Overflow Bottle Mount

TwistedJK

This Father's Day we encountered a few problems while wheeling. Somehow my radiator coolant overflow bottle fell out of the slots in the radiator fan shroud. Upon further inspection, the plastic fan shroud (where the overflow bottle mounts) has become brittle I that area and actually broke where the bottle slides in. The bottle then fell into the belt and the belt began to eat into the bottle and fray the belt at the same time. So needless to say I'm going to have to buy a new belt and overflow bottle. Not a big deal.

However, I need to remount the new overflow bottle. I can no longer mount it to the radiator fan shroud, since that is broken as well. The fan still works like it's supposed to. Local and online auto parts stores only sell a complete radiator fan assembly (fan and housing) together. These range from $90-$160 for replacements. I would like to not have to buy another fan assembly since mine still works, but I need to mount the overflow bottle.

Has anyone here mounted this bottle with either a different mount or made their own? Any help, as usual, is greatly appreciated.

The local salvage yards either don't have any jk's or they also will only sell me the entire fan assembly.

TwistedJK

hey bro if you need more zip ties let me know... ;)

how did you make out on the ride home? how was the temp? you better not waste my water... ;)

We made it home fine. Around 70 mph it started to vibrate a bit, so I kept it at 60-65 with no problems. No overheating either, thank God. I still have your water in the hatch. Going Saturday to u-pull it in Daytona to look for a new overflow bottle. Going to remove the bolt/screw in the front tire too. If it's in deep, I'll plug it and swap it with the spare.

Top Bottom