Coax pinching?

mcsjk

Due to my tire carrier being slanted (follows lines of Trektop), I won't be able to run my coax cable through any of the holes in the tailgate.

I am curious if running it through the bottom of the tailgate where it closes or through the side where it closes, would cause any serious pinching and/ or damage to the coax cable or my SWR reading?

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Due to my tire carrier being slanted (follows lines of Trektop), I won't be able to run my coax cable through any of the holes in the tailgate.

I am curious if running it through the bottom of the tailgate where it closes or through the side where it closes, would cause any serious pinching and/ or damage to the coax cable or my SWR reading?

Is there a small space where the tailgate meets the body of the jeep and the bottom of your back window? I have a perfect sized gap I guess you would call it. And the flap of the rear window covers it so water doesn't get in but makes a perfect slot for the coax.

sean.m.adams33

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The coax should still be able to follow the roll bar and come out the back of the tailgate. Maybe a picture would help.

utiadam

LOSER
I have mine going through the tailgate hinge. I didn't want to make a hole for the wire yet because I don't have the tire carrier mounted yet.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435165843.482696.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435165856.730436.jpg

mcsjk

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The coax should still be able to follow the roll bar and come out the back of the tailgate. Maybe a picture would help.

Apologies for just getting back on this. Here's a pic. I'm trying to keep the back as visually pleasing as possible (i.e. keep the cable as hidden as possible if that makes sense).

IMG_0466 (1).jpg

Top Bottom