37" x 13.5" x 17" Toyo MT -- What Wheel?

6v123

What wheel spec should I use for TOYO MT 37x 13.5x17? I have a Rubicon Unlimited on 3" teraflex with 1.25" body lift. I'm thinking 17x9 with 4.5" back spacing (no spacers). Will this be OK or do I need a 4" or 4.25" back space???

Tcdawg

Your suspension and BL should be fine. You could ditch the BL if you trimmed your fenders or went with a flat fender.

I think with 4.5" back spacing you will still need a wheel spacer to keep your tire out of your control arms.

I run a 3.5" RK lift w 37 x 12.50 MTR's on a 17x8 wheel an need a 1.5" wheel spacer to keep the tires out of the control arms.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
What wheel spec should I use for TOYO MT 37x 13.5x17? I have a Rubicon Unlimited on 3" teraflex with 1.25" body lift. I'm thinking 17x9 with 4.5" back spacing (no spacers). Will this be OK or do I need a 4" or 4.25" back space???

You will most likely rub on that setup. I have Raceline Monster headlocks, 17" x 9.5", 4.0" back space, and I rub on the frame rails at full lock. You will most likely need a spacer. I have a Teraflex 3" lift on 37/12.50/17 MT/R Kevlars. The 1.25" body lift will help keep you from rubbing the fender flares, but the frame rails will remain at 3" lift.

Tattedfire

You're gonna need spacers with a 13.5" wide tire on a 4.5" BS wheel. Or get a wheel that has 3.5" BS or less in order to not need spacers.

6v123

Anyone running (current or past) 37 toyo MTs want to chime in??? .... would appreciate the input.

StrizzyChris

Anyone running (current or past) 37 toyo MTs want to chime in??? .... would appreciate the input.

I think everyone's advise is all u really need. Doesn't matter if its toyo, bfg, or Goodyear. Any 37" 13.5" tire will need less backspacing or spacers. 4.5 is too much backspacing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i've run 37x13.50 toyo's and as mentioned, you really need to be running about 3.5" of back spacing if you have any hopes of keeping them from rubbing at a full turn and flex.

RDE2ROK

I'm running Toyo MTs 37x13.5x17 with Raceline Monster beadlocks 4" back spacing I have a 4.5" lift with Poison Spyder fenders. I have no clearance issues front or rear,but I do have rubbing on the front at the frame behind the tires. I adjusted the steer stops out to not rub so bad. You will have to trim the corners on the rear for 37s. :twocents::beer:

6v123

Thank you all for the good advice. I will be going with a 5" backspace wheel and add my leftover 1.5" spidertrax spacers to get me down to 3.5" effective backspacing. I hope this works out. It's going to be wide!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all for the good advice. I will be going with a 5" backspace wheel and add my leftover 1.5" spidertrax spacers to get me down to 3.5" effective backspacing. I hope this works out. It's going to be wide!

well, they are really wide tires. even with 3.5" of bs, you'll still need to make sure that your front axle is centered. if it's not and if you have reservoir shocks or coil overs, you'll still see some rubbing.

BigCrush

37x13.50

I just put the Toyo 37 x 13.50 x 17 tires on my 2013 Rubi. I got the ATX slabs which have 3.5 BS - love it!!!

Attachments

• My ATX Slabs & Toyo's.jpg
    My ATX Slabs & Toyo's.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom