2015 JK Automatic 4 speed Atlas rehash

Big Rock

Give a newb a break.... first I'm building a 2015 JKU Sport Automatic. I'm looking to upgrade the t-case to atlas 4-speed. I've read everything I can find regarding how it will not work due to software. But I have also seen AEV promoting a programmer that will let you reprogram for a lower low gear in the t-case. My question is .... can I simply use the programmer every time I switch to a lower gear? For example.. . If my tcase were programmed for 1:1, 2.72:1, 4.3:1 and 10:1 and I have the Jeep programmed for 4.3:1. When I reach a point in the trail where I need say 10:1 could I at that point reprogram for 10:1 as the low gear without going into limp mode? Forgive me if I am overlooking the obvious.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Give a newb a break.... first I'm building a 2015 JKU Sport Automatic. I'm looking to upgrade the t-case to atlas 4-speed. I've read everything I can find regarding how it will not work due to software. But I have also seen AEV promoting a programmer that will let you reprogram for a lower low gear in the t-case. My question is .... can I simply use the programmer every time I switch to a lower gear? For example.. . If my tcase were programmed for 1:1, 2.72:1, 4.3:1 and 10:1 and I have the Jeep programmed for 4.3:1. When I reach a point in the trail where I need say 10:1 could I at that point reprogram for 10:1 as the low gear without going into limp mode? Forgive me if I am overlooking the obvious.

I would call advanced for the best accurate answer. I'm sure if they could find a way around it, they would have by now. They are in the business of making money.

David1tontj

Being on the trail with a guy who was stopping to re-program every time the trail changed would drive me nuts!

With an automatic transmission, I can't see you needing more than like a 4:1.

big dr

I would agree with the others who have replied. Plus,, 10:1 is way overkill for a jeep. If it were a rock buggy,, maybe.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Your reprogramming idea would likely work but everyone with you would probably kill you. That said due to the issue advanced did not develop a 26 spline input shaft (12+ jk autos) for the 4 speed box so not possible

The bigger issue is with such a low transfercase ratio you will have a terrible time Stopping the vehicle. Putting the vehicle in neutral everytime you have to stop would get annoying and some times dangerous.

David

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Two speed only.

Russ.....not sure I asked you this when we talked at Jeep Beach but are you running an Atlas or are you still running a Rubi TC?........I know Dave (Roberts) said he's running an Atlas in his but not sure if he's running an auto or a manual.......Dave told me to go with the Atlas and that there is a way around the computer communication problem with the traction control but I never was able to get the specifics........Wes at Trail Jeeps runs the Rubi TC in his rig and said its more than adequate and that the 4:1 is suffice.......I wanted to speak with Dave a bit more about it but just didn't want to bug you guys anymore than I already did lol........anyways enjoy your wheeling looks like you were having a blast........Cheers :beer:

~Woodrow~

Big Rock

All good points. I haven't used the AEV procal but they talk like it is just seconds to reprogram so I didn't think it would be a big time killer. I probably wouldn't stop to do it anyway. So is anyone else running an Atlas 2 behind an auto and what ratio was chosen?

Top Bottom