Rustoleum bed liner paint

jeeper52

LOSER
Hey guys I had a few questions about the Rustoleum bed liner paint. I was thinking about using it on my Evo rock sliders and I also thought about using it to paint my rear inner fender well black because I think it would look better than white. Does it touch up fairly easy and how does it hold up? Does it keep its sheen on its own or do you have to use a armorall after you wash the vehicle to make it look nice? Also does the texture do anything for helping you with slipping on the rock sliders coming in and out of the vehicle? Please let me know when you guys think thanks a lot.

Spudcannons

Hey guys I had a few questions about the Rustoleum bed liner paint. I was thinking about using it on my Evo rock sliders and I also thought about using it to paint my rear inner fender well black because I think it would look better than white. Does it touch up fairly easy and how does it hold up? Does it keep its sheen on its own or do you have to use a armorall after you wash the vehicle to make it look nice? Also does the texture do anything for helping you with slipping on the rock sliders coming in and out of the vehicle? Please let me know when you guys think thanks a lot.

It holds dirt and dust. A lot of it. You will never get them clean I would use zinc primer and VHT chassis and roll bar paint.

Grubbicon

It holds dirt and dust. A lot of it. You will never get them clean I would use zinc primer and VHT chassis and roll bar paint.

That VHT chassis and roll bar paint is some great stuff. I have painted part of a frame on a Toyota with it and I have to say I haven't used a better spray paint.

CJW

I used duplicolor spay on bed liner with Kevlar (rattle can). It looks good and the touch ups blend in very well. It's smooth enough to not hold dirt and it washes out well. Id recommend using primer first to seal them. I didn't and there's a couple small spots of rust showing through now.
But paint will still be easier to touch up and clean.

jedg

I used duplicolor spay on bed liner with Kevlar (rattle can). It looks good and the touch ups blend in very well. It's smooth enough to not hold dirt and it washes out well. Id recommend using primer first to seal them. I didn't and there's a couple small spots of rust showing through now.
But paint will still be easier to touch up and clean.

^^ This is the brand and method I used. I did spray black etching primer first then used the duplicolor spray liner. It's easy to touch up and seams to clean up good.

Patmasterflash

I also did the same thing. I recommend using the U-POL brand etching primer. I can't remember the # but they make one for each surface (U-POL #4, U-POL #2, etc.).

I recommend 3 layers of this before you start the painting. I've had no issues with chipping or scratching after 6 months of hard driving and elements.

Top Bottom