Evo drag link flip kit

ldjernes

I just got my flip kit and I'm not hating on off road evolution products this is the first of the stuff I've got from them and I am very impressed with the quality of everything but the photos that are in the instructions didn't come out of the printer very well and I like to have step by step photos to go with most things lol so I was wondering if anyone had installed this and had any photos?

Rccrwlr

I just got my flip kit and I'm not hating on off road evolution products this is the first of the stuff I've got from them and I am very impressed with the quality of everything but the photos that are in the instructions didn't come out of the printer very well and I like to have step by step photos to go with most things lol so I was wondering if anyone had installed this and had any photos?

Punctuation! Not sure you need photos. Was pretty straight forward install.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
did they change the drill bit to 7/8" to drill out the knuckle? it used to be 13/16" but their website is saying 7/8" now.

Spudcannons

Yeah the photos are not the best but there are a lot of write ups. They did change it to 7/8" for the flip. The install is very easy just remove the old drag link drill the knuckle then insert the synergy adapter and install new drag link.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
The drag link flip is very intimidating. In reality its very simple.

-undo draglink from axle side
-measure length of threads showing under the sleeve with two clamps on it
-remove clamps from sleeve and spin the old longer side of the link out.
-spin the new one in and get it to about your measurement
-drill out the hole on the steering knuckle(make sure to be very generous with cutting fluid when drilling) and drop the sleeve in and connect your new draglink
-cut the old bracket on your axle and bolt on new evo bracket
-move sway bar links to new brackets on both sides
-move track bar to new hole
-spin the clamp on the tie rod on the end of the steering stabilizer(drivers side) so the bolt is pointing up
-disconnect passenger side of steering stabilizer and move to new hole

Tighten everything and spin that sleeve on the draglink itself to recenter steering wheel. When you find your mark spin the clamps so the bolt is lined up with the slit in the sleeve. This keeps it from moving when you hit bumps.

Hope i didn't forget anything and i hope these pictures help!

Before moving steering stabilizer

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435281977.052861.jpg

After

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435282026.587366.jpg

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
did they change the drill bit to 7/8" to drill out the knuckle? it used to be 13/16" but their website is saying 7/8" now.

Yes they changed it. 7/8s bit is much easier to find lol just installed mine recently. Was nervous it would be loose but its a snug fit.

Tree Frog

Man I love this site! Thanks for the photos GregMort13

Will be working on this step of the Double D Pro install in the morning.
Does not look like that big of a deal.

Only problem I saw was the hole that needs to be drilled in the drivers side coil mount to stabilize the sway bay bracket from moving. Really don't want to disassemble the brakes if I don't have to, just to drill one small hole.
I am going to see if I can just weld it on as I am going to weld on the coil over lower mounts as well. Kind of doing a hybrid of bolting and welding all the brackets.

Smwells

Ya if anyone thinks putting the dreaded front track bar bracket in was easy try again.
The room you have to get fingers between the brackets is fun to say the least.

Tree Frog

Took all of about 15 minutes to install brackets for track bar.
Plan for stupid little hole on driver's side sway bar bracket is to weld the little bolt head to the coil mount then put a washer on. Same thickness as little spacer. Should be easy enough. If it breaks off then I will cut and grind it flush and then suck it up go ahead and pull the brakes apart. Then drill the hole.

jesse3638

Hooked
Yes they changed it. 7/8s bit is much easier to find lol just installed mine recently. Was nervous it would be loose but its a snug fit.

They changed it back to a 7/8? When I did mine it was 7/8 then it went to 13/16. Pretty straight forward. I used a step bit to get started then once it was in I switched to the 7/8". As mentioned use lots of oil, go slow and hold onto the drill tight otherwise it'll try to torque and kick your ass..;)

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
They changed it back to a 7/8? When I did mine it was 7/8 then it went to 13/16. Pretty straight forward. I used a step bit to get started then once it was in I switched to the 7/8". As mentioned use lots of oil, go slow and hold onto the drill tight otherwise it'll try to torque and kick your ass..;)

Thiss. (10 chars)

Top Bottom