Which Drag link????

Matador

Hey everyone,

I have decided to get rid of my drop pitman arm and run with my stock pitman arm.....need to buy a new Drag link.....any recommendations? I am currently running a 3.5" lift with 35's.

thanks,

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I run the evo dlf. Been great so far.

x2. My evo one has been great but I have nothing to compare it to since it's my first one. I believe the Aev one is a similar set up/design as evo if you want another option

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a 3.5" lift, I would replace what you have with an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation.

Matador

The only issue with the Evo set up is that I have to re-use the sleeve and the other end that attaches to the pitman arm. Mine is looking a little old and the sleeve is in bad shape.

Just curious why is that?

If you raise the driver sway link mount you will need to weld on the Synergy tab. EVO's is a better design and all bolt on. The Synergy bracket itself will loosen and creak. I ended up welding the one on my wife's Jeep on because it kept getting loose. The Synergy Drag-Link is nice to adjust when new, but is a total bitch after winter (may not be an issue if you don't have much road salt).

In fact, the only thing I like a touch more is the flat face of the Synergy bracket makes adding hydro assist tabs slightly easier.

I was actually referring to the diameter of the synergy drag link.

:blush::doh: I haven't had a problem with that, but you do have to make sure the bend is pretty straight and twist the ends to keep it from flopping down. Otherwise, at full driver stuff and turn it will rip the adjustment valve off of their steering stabilizer. (Ask me how I know) :grayno:

sjd78

Is the only reason these kits raise the sway bar link mounts because they bolt to the passenger side stock sway bar link mount?

CrazyLarry

If you raise the driver sway link mount you will need to weld on the Synergy tab. EVO's is a better design and all bolt on. The Synergy bracket itself will loosen and creak. I ended up welding the one on my wife's Jeep on because it kept getting loose. The Synergy Drag-Link is nice to adjust when new, but is a total bitch after winter (may not be an issue if you don't have much road salt).

In fact, the only thing I like a touch more is the flat face of the Synergy bracket makes adding hydro assist tabs slightly easier.

Gotcha. Yeah I dont use the synergy bolt on bracket I use the artec weld on becuase i was adding hydro assist. Also I didnt like the look of the synergy bracket in terms of strength. The artec bracket also makes you weld a new tab for the sway bar link on the drivers side. Wasnt a big deal cause the bracket was already being welded on but for bolt on I can see the evo being a better design. I do use the synergy draglink with no problems other than those rinky dink boots they use.

RKJK10

I had the rock krawler one and I hated it, them alley key bolts for the adjustable clamp were a pain in the ass. I'm now running a synergy, 1 solid piece with hd tie rod ends. love everything about it!

Top Bottom