Suggestions or Help.

Dustless

Ok so i will admite i am new to the jeep world as this is my first one ever and i woild like to be able to have it set up to take any trail that i throw at it but still be able to use it as my daily driver.
I dont know what all is done to it mod wise besides a cold air intake and i know it has bigger tires (33x12.50) and a lift ether body/supension or both. It also only has the 2.5 4cyl and a upgraded audio system.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

411990_161998780599697_1116970878_o.jpg

Tranquillity

Hard to tell without knowing all the mods on it.

I would say it seems pretty capable just like that. Is it a rubicon? If not, a swaybar disconnect is a must. Then I would buy accessories like an Hi lift, winch, lightning. Oh, locker (if not a ruby) would be a wise choice too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so i will admite i am new to the jeep world as this is my first one ever and i woild like to be able to have it set up to take any trail that i throw at it but still be able to use it as my daily driver.
I dont know what all is done to it mod wise besides a cold air intake and i know it has bigger tires (33x12.50) and a lift ether body/supension or both. It also only has the 2.5 4cyl and a upgraded audio system.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

if you're running 33's now, you probably have about 3" of lift. i do see you have a t-case drop and if it were me, i would work on getting a sye/cv setup instead. you'll need adjustable rear upper control arms to do that as well. are those rocker guards steel or plastic? if they are the latter, i would replace them with steel and maybe something with rails attached to the side of them. you'll want to get a set of tow hooks up front and something for the rear as well. if it doesn't have it already, regearing your axles will help give you a bit more power out of your 2.5 and, while you're at it, installing lockers might not be such a bad idea. just some suggestions. :cool:

Dustless

Thank you both of you, as this being my first jeep this is all new to me and any help getting me going in the right derection is greatly apreciated, there will soon be a 4x4 custom shop opening just down the road from me called Fat bob's and once they are open i am going to have them look over my jeep for me and see if i cant get a list of whats done with it so i know what needs to be replaced or upgraded. And once i do that i will put the list up here so i can get better help with it.:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you both of you, as this being my first jeep this is all new to me and any help getting me going in the right derection is greatly apreciated, there will soon be a 4x4 custom shop opening just down the road from me called Fat bob's and once they are open i am going to have them look over my jeep for me and see if i cant get a list of whats done with it so i know what needs to be replaced or upgraded. And once i do that i will put the list up here so i can get better help with it.:rock:

sounds like a plan. you might want to consider doing a lot of the work yourself too. the cost of the tools you need will be less than labor and you get to keep on using them in the future.

Dustless

Well i got the info back from fat bob's shop today i will post it up tomorrow when i get off work as the paper work is out in the jeep. Come to find out besides the basic of basic lift kits 3" 33x12.50 tires and a cupple small mods to make sure it runs with out breaking my jeep is basicaly stock as stock can be so it looks like i have a fresh pieace of paper to start coloring on :rock: So hopefuly with the help of all the great and wonder people on here and imput and advice as this is all new to me in the new few years of work and building i will be able to start doing trips with you all! :thumb::beer:

BEE'S TWIN

I would try and stay away from fat bobs bro!! they are pricey. if you go up to 4 wheel parts in slc they will help you out a ton. They are qualified professionals and cheaper than fat bobs. Plus they have a huge warehouse with tons in stock and a show room full of ideas. Also teraflex is just up the street from that, but they are pricey, but amazing customer service and recommendations. I would also agree with Eddie, try doing most of it by yourself. that way if something happens on the trail, you know your rig well enough and know how to fix it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
If you plan on wheeling it, I would replace the rear end with a Ford 8.8 and regear it. 8.8's are cheap, strong and everyone makes a bracket kit for them

Dustless

I would try and stay away from fat bobs bro!! they are pricey. if you go up to 4 wheel parts in slc they will help you out a ton. They are qualified professionals and cheaper than fat bobs. Plus they have a huge warehouse with tons in stock and a show room full of ideas. Also teraflex is just up the street from that, but they are pricey, but amazing customer service and recommendations. I would also agree with Eddie, try doing most of it by yourself. that way if something happens on the trail, you know your rig well enough and know how to fix it.

Yeah, i dont plan on buying from there, they just happen to open there shop down here in layton and its right acrross the street from my house almost so i figured i could use them to overlook my jeep and tell me whats on it so i know where i stand. I plan on ording most parts online and doing the work myself as i plan on it when i can going to school to be a mechanic so doing the work myself is going to be easy and fun

Dustless

If you plan on wheeling it, I would replace the rear end with a Ford 8.8 and regear it. 8.8's are cheap, strong and everyone makes a bracket kit for them

I will have to look into that, still not sure if i really want to put money into this one besides makeing it safe to drive and keep it running untell its paid off and then upgrading to a 4dr Rubicon :yup:

BEE'S TWIN

I would go with the ford 8.8 also. That is what I have in mine. I ordered it ready to bolt in from ECGS. I also have one already stripped down all you would need are bracket and brake lines that is it. Already has the gears and shafts.

Top Bottom