New dash warning light

Hobolobo

So I was driving back home from my Saturday morning breakfast run and I got a new warning light on my dash. I've been having issues before this where while I'm driving down the road, my dash will light up and all my gauges will turn off, and then go back to normal a split second later. It doesn't turn the jeep off or anything, just dash freaks out. Anyways here's my new light that i assumed was an overheating/temp warning, but its not any hotter than normal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435409595.023778.jpg

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
So I had this same problem. It could be the battery cable nut is not seated properly or, a body ground is loose. Mine was all of the above.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you most likely have a battery cable that is loose. This is very common on 2012-up especially if you've hooked up additional power leads to the terminals as they use a tapered nut to increase tightness. As far as that light goes, that's typically associated with the security system and it being active.

TNuggs13

I've had this little light come on when I unlock the Jeep to get in. Once I start it up it usually goes off. Like Eddie said I think it's the security system.

Peak

I had the same light come on when I got a low tire pressure message but I don't have tpms so I just ignored it. Went away an hour later, hasn't come back on.

Top Bottom