ViAir OBA help!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So a couple of weeks ago I installed my ViAir OBA system and ran it a couple of times. Worked flawlessly. It's the 10007 kit with a 450C compressor and a 2 gallon air tank. I used the DOR mounts for the tank and compressor.

Today I go to fire it up and.... Nothing. I flip the switch and the compressor doesn't fire up. I checked the fuse as well as all of the power lines with a multimeter and all seems well. The only issue I noticed was the line from the compressor the pressure switch/ relay isn't getting any power. Do you think the relay could be crapped out after only a couple of weeks?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Especially if anyone has experienced any issues with their ViAir OBA systems. Help!! I am going wheeling Sunday and wanted to use my OBA.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Also check you ground and make sure its getting good contact. But yes if the relay isn't rated high enough for what is needed then it could have crapped the bed. Do what Eddie said and if that works get another relay.

Side note, did you get that from Brett? Mine didn't have a relay with it.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
OverlanderJK said:
Also check you ground and make sure its getting good contact. But yes if the relay isn't rated high enough for what is needed then it could have crapped the bed. Do what Eddie said and if that works get another relay.

Side note, did you get that from Brett? Mine didn't have a relay with it.

Thanks. No it came with the ViAir 10007 kit.

Indefatigable

the pressure switch supplied with the VIAR kit.... IMHO... POS. I went through a few of them. First one lasted a month. The contact inside is weak and with a thought of moisture, it corrodes and fails. I have had them fail in both the open and closed state.
I went to a more industrious Square D unit. Much bigger, but have not had it fail. Been running it a couple years now.

the whole Viar system... most of it now is in someone else's vehicle. I upgraded to a York set up.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Update... Good thing for having Jeep friends.

I went wheeling yesterday and told a fellow Wayalifer about this issue. He took no longer than a 5 second look at my relay and realized something I foolishly overlooked. There was a bad connection on the relay power wire feeding the compressor. Doh!

I am glad to have handy friends and goes to show you the majority of us actually give a crap about each other. In any case, I thank you all for your help and glad my OBA is up and running.

Top Bottom