JEEP stalling, TIPM maybe?

JEJ0308

Let me start by saying, Im glad to finally be a part of the Jeep Wrangler community, had other Jeeps before, but this is my first Wrangler. HOWEVER...

I bought a 2013 JKUR mid May, 36k miles, automatic(against my druthers, but oh well), absolutely flawless. Unfortunately, shortly after bringing it home I noticed that it would stall when I came to a stop light. Not every light, but usually a few a day. This would typically happen in the afternoon, after it had warmed up, when running errands, (however it also happened 5 min into my first drive of the day a couple times). I took it down to a nearby Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealership that was recommended to me (since I bought it from a Toyota dealership a couple hours away) and of course it didnt throw any codes, but it did finally stall for them. They were really cool and didnt charge me for anything, but told me to bring it back when i could leave it for a couple days. I brought it back and long story short, I was finally able to pick it up 3 weeks later, with a brand new transmission:thinking:, per Chryslers instructions. The guys at the shop didnt really think that it would fix the issue, but I guess if Chrysler is paying for it, they have to do what Chrysler says. Well the day I got it back, guess what, it stalled, twice, and everyday since.

It didnt take much searching online on my part to find that there has been some issue with the TIPM in these vehicles. I dont know why this didnt cross their minds, or if it did, why it wasnt fixed. Seems a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than replacing the transmission! Ive tried finding some more recent articles/updates on the the class act suit regarding the faulty TIPMs, but havent been able to find much new info. I have a case open with Jeep/Chrysler and will remain a constant pain in their ass until my Jeep is fixed. Having said that, I would still like to hear from ya'll if you know anything else about this issue, or have any updates on how Jeep/Chrysler is planning on making it right.

I love my Jeep, but this whole thing is starting to put a sour taste in my mouth, not only is it a huge inconvienence to have the car you just bought in the shop more than in your driveway, but a safety concern for my family as well.
Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

JEJ0308

Ok soooo, about the same response I've been getting from Chrysler/Jeep customer service so far. Could it be an issue with the engine itself? I've only been able to find a couple complaints for this same issue online.

Top Bottom