Brake Booster and MC upgrade

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure this is just the TeraFlex big brake kit repackaged as a Mopar kit. If you're running 37's or bigger, it'll be better than stock BUT, the Dynatrac ProGrip provides even better braking, upgrades both front and rear brakes, is easier to install and without having to mess with the plumbing.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm pretty sure this is just the TeraFlex big brake kit repackaged as a Mopar kit. If you're running 37's or bigger, it'll be better than stock BUT, the Dynatrac ProGrip provides even better braking, upgrades both front and rear brakes, is easier to install and without having to mess with the plumbing.

I was just going to recommend this. Plus no need to take it to the dealer for an abs brake bleed.

JK007

Thanks for the replies

I have already upgraded my Front Brakes with twin piston brake calipers and bigger rotors etc just wanting to upgrade the Brake Booster and MC.

Did some research and the MC is even bigger bore than what Teraflex sells. Also this kit includes J8 Brake Booster which creates more PSI than stock.

I dont think Teraflex sells big brake booster?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you already wasted your money on something you didn't need to get better braking performance. Teraflex does sell a bigger MC but I don't believe a bigger booster.

Good luck to you.

JK007

Sorry WOL

I am running D60 Axles for almost 7 years now. At that time there was no bigger better brakes options available and since i am not running Dynatrac or Curries etc i had to do custom job to put Full Floater twin piston brake calipers and rotors.
I am very happy with my brake system. Just lately i found some contamination in my brake fluid and also thinking since the bigger brake booster and MC is available why not try it....and Also i am already running Teraflex MC upgarde

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry WOL

I am running D60 Axles for almost 7 years now. At that time there was no bigger better brakes options available and since i am not running Dynatrac or Curries etc i had to do custom job to put Full Floater twin piston brake calipers and rotors.
I am very happy with my brake system. Just lately i found some contamination in my brake fluid and also thinking since the bigger brake booster and MC is available why not try it....and Also i am already running Teraflex MC upgarde

LOL!! Probably would have helped to know all the extra details but no need to apologize to me. Sounds to me like you've got it all figured out and you should give it a go :yup:

Schweetjk

Has anyone ever replace their brake booster on their jeep. I just recently replaced mine and now my brakes feel squishy. I left all the brake lines in place I never loosened anything so I figured it would be OK. Is there some kind of just met on the booster itself because all the brake boosters everyplace before I've never had to adjust.

jeeeep

Hooked
I talked to Teraflex when they released their big brake kit and in discussing the brake booster /master cylinder upgrade I found out it's the same master cylinder and brake booster that i already have in my 2010 JKU, apparently some models got the larger master cylinder / brake booster. you can probably find it cheaper from stevewhiteparts, they sell mopar oem

jeeeep

Hooked
Has anyone ever replace their brake booster on their jeep. I just recently replaced mine and now my brakes feel squishy. I left all the brake lines in place I never loosened anything so I figured it would be OK. Is there some kind of just met on the booster itself because all the brake boosters everyplace before I've never had to adjust.
you'll probably need an ABS bleed, did you bleed your brakes after?

WJCO

Meme King
you'll probably need an ABS bleed, did you bleed your brakes after?

He never opened the system I think he said. Just did the booster. I don't think he should have to bleed anything, unless I'm missing something.

OP, I would ensure the vacuum line isn't leaking and that your booster pushrod is adjusted properly. Sometimes when changing boosters, the push rods aren't in the correct location. If you extend it too much, though, your brakes will stay on, not good.

WJCO

Meme King
How do you adjust the push rod? How do you know how much to adjust it?

You should be able to just turn the pushrod counter-clockwise. Just don't go too far. Go little by little. Usually though, if it's not right, it will create a low pedal, not a spongy pedal. Here's a video of adjustment on a Ford booster, same concept. Start video at 4:30 or so. If brakes feel locked up when you drive it, you went too far. You can always jack up the Jeep afterward and make sure the tires still spin and that brakes aren't locked up. If you didn't open the system though, you shouldn't have any spongy brakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFEzfDnzqM Start video at 4:30

jeeeep

Hooked
He never opened the system I think he said. Just did the booster. I don't think he should have to bleed anything, unless I'm missing something.

OP, I would ensure the vacuum line isn't leaking and that your booster pushrod is adjusted properly. Sometimes when changing boosters, the push rods aren't in the correct location. If you extend it too much, though, your brakes will stay on, not good.

misread - my bad

Top Bottom