Piecing together a lift.

jrutrubi11

Ok so I am piecing together a lift for the main reason that I want specific things, and to not get stuck in the situation I had with a crappy rough country lift. Please let me know if there is anything I am missing.

Just a little background about my Jeep it is a 2011 JKUR. I have run 35 12.5 for the past three years. Currently I have a TF leveling kit with bushwacker flatties. I am wanting to bump up to 37's as with the current set up I still have a ton of room in the fender wells.

Parts list I am looking at.
-2.5 inch Metalcloak progressive springs
- Rancho 9000 shocks
- rear track bar bracket
- rear sway bar links
- Metalcloack bumpstops
- Brake line drop brackets

- Eventually Metalcloak CAs

Yes another reason I am wanting to piece this together is to save money.

jrutrubi11

Thanks for not answering anything....

MC's kits consist of the "Touring" kit which consist of unneeded parts such as shock extenders and LCA drop brackets, and does not include track bar relocation.

and all other kits are insanely expensive considering they do not include shocks.

My question was, do I have everything I will need in the list provided?

Obviously I would love to just purchase the game changer and run it, but I want to continue to stay married. Not that my wife would leave me if I purchased it, but she would if I didn't buy one for her jeep too. lol

:beer:

TheStick

Well I will say this from someone who has a MC lift. I've been generally happy with the way the springs ride, however I also have very little to compare to. I would say it's similar to the stock Rubi springs as far as comfort.

I did only front LCA's. Again. They have been fine but this is something I wouldn't repeat for the simple fact I have seen issues with their bushings. I just wouldn't take the chance if I had it to do over. Also, MC really pushes their control arms and people tend to get all 8. A total waste for most if not all people.

The rear TB bracket is a bit tall but works. The front track bar seems to be fine. The adjustments work well, so no real complaint.

A member here had their tie rod bend, so again skeptical, but they did acknowledge the issue so the new one might be out and fixed now.

thardy

Banned
Thanks for not answering anything....

MC's kits consist of the "Touring" kit which consist of unneeded parts such as shock extenders and LCA drop brackets, and does not include track bar relocation.

and all other kits are insanely expensive considering they do not include shocks.

My question was, do I have everything I will need in the list provided?

Obviously I would love to just purchase the game changer and run it, but I want to continue to stay married. Not that my wife would leave me if I purchased it, but she would if I didn't buy one for her jeep too. lol

:beer:

I believe what everyone was trying to say is that if you're trying to save money, piecing it together is not the answer. Are you looking to buy all of these items at once? What's your budget?

jrutrubi11

Well I will say this from someone who has a MC lift. I've been generally happy with the way the springs ride, however I also have very little to compare to. I would say it's similar to the stock Rubi springs as far as comfort.

I did only front LCA's. Again. They have been fine but this is something I wouldn't repeat for the simple fact I have seen issues with their bushings. I just wouldn't take the chance if I had it to do over. Also, MC really pushes their control arms and people tend to get all 8. A total waste for most if not all people.

The rear TB bracket is a bit tall but works. The front track bar seems to be fine. The adjustments work well, so no real complaint.

A member here had their tie rod bend, so again skeptical, but they did acknowledge the issue so the new one might be out and fixed now.

Great info!!! Thank you. My plan was to purchase the front lowers.

jrutrubi11

Just curious, what exactly compels you to purchasing metalcloak?

With all of my research which isn't a ton, but hopefully substantial. MC has great reviews and a pretty good reputation compared to companies like rough country and skyjacker.

I have also heard great things about EVO, but their plush ride coils have not had the best reviews, as many people complain about a not so plush ride.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I have also heard great things about EVO, but their plush ride coils have not had the best reviews, as many people complain about a not so plush ride.

Curious where can I find these reviews? I have heard simply it's about them being "too soft" but never "not so plush."

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
With all of my research which isn't a ton, but hopefully substantial. MC has great reviews and a pretty good reputation compared to companies like rough country and skyjacker.

I just looked through the thread, not one mention of evo. Why throw them under the bus?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With all of my research which isn't a ton, but hopefully substantial.

LOL!! You mean like on JKO or JKF? Rather than "research" on the internet, ask around and see if you can go for a ride in various Jeeps with different lifts. You just might see for yourself what really is better and what isn't.

MC has great reviews and a pretty good reputation compared to companies like rough country and skyjacker.

:cheesy: Ummm, yeah, compared to Rough County and Skyjacker, there are a LOT of companies that have pretty good reputations :yup:

Okay, now that has got to be the stupidest thing I've hear all day. But hey, you keep on "listening" to those reviews out there :crazyeyes:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Well back to your list, I would make the following changes.
Evo 3" plush ride coils
Evo rear track bar bracket
Evo hd sway bar links. Move your factory to the front.
Just buy a bag of hockey pucks if you want metalcloak bump stops. Save money.
Extended brake lines.
Then eventually get Evo front lower control arms.
I just helped you piece together a way better kit.

JAGS

Hooked

Curious where can I find these reviews? I have heard simply it's about them being "too soft" but never "not so plush."

I'm going to go with 10frank9 on this one. Mine are certainly plush as compared to stock Rubi springs. Wouldn't want anything stiffer than stock. Wouldn't want anything more plush than EVOs coils.

Additionally, EVOs control arms are super beefy and come with quality Johnny joints.

As others have asked, what your budget and what are looking to save/skimp on.

Note that with a 2.5 spring lift , you'll more than likely gain much more with most manufacturers. Thus needing a front DS and front lower CAs to help correct geo etc.

Well back to your list, I would make the following changes.
Evo 3" plush ride coils
Evo rear track bar bracket
Evo hd sway bar links. Move your factory to the front.
Just buy a bag of hockey pucks if you want metalcloak bump stops. Save money.
Extended brake lines.
Then eventually get Evo front lower control arms.
I just helped you piece together a way better kit.
x2^^^ trust me, there is nothing "NOT PLUSH" about evo plush rides. Think cadillac.

I'm going to go with 10frank9 on this one. Mine are certainly plush as compared to stock Rubi springs. Wouldn't want anything stiffer than stock. Wouldn't want anything more plush than EVOs coils.

Additionally, EVOs control arms are super beefy and come with quality Johnny joints.

As others have asked, what your budget and what are looking to save/skimp on.

Note that with a 2.5 spring lift , you'll more than likely gain much more with most manufacturers. Thus needing a front DS and front lower CAs to help correct geo etc.
i cant comment further, as JAGS just said everything i was going to. If you wheel at all, youll probably need a new front driveline.

A.J.

Little bit of a highjacking here, but I have a similar question. 2011 JKU currently have older 4" Rancho sport kit. Also have Artec truss with lifted track bar bracket. Sport kit was on the jeep when I bought it and had track bar drop from frame which I did not like ( drives much better now ). Also drop pitman arm which is going away soon. Been looking into options for short arms etc. Of course every company thinks theirs are the best. What are the differences? How much do they help? Also any thoughts on stronger tie rod and drag link flip to get rid of drop Pittman. I was given a synergy drag link so was thinking to match up with tie rod from synergy also. The jeep drives great now and flexes well enough I have had to trim right up to the bottom of the flat fenders with 37's. Wow! I have a few more questions, but this is getting a little long. Sorry. Thanks in advance! All opinions welcome!

Top Bottom