Dynomax Exhaust?

sjd78

So yesterday I installed a Dynomax 17263 Ultra Flo Stainless Steel Muffler and a turn down past the rear axle. It seems as though until it warms up it sounds a bit ricey at the upper rpm's before it shifts. Once it warms up it sounds much better. Anyone know if this will eventually improve as I put more miles on it or will it always be ricey until it warms up?

I can't speak for your exact system, but I know when I put my Dynomax muffler on, I wasn't that happy with it at first. It had a horrible drone on country roads. But as it got more use, it got better and better and I really like it now.

I guess I'm saying don't give up on it or concern yourself with the sound too much for at least a few thousand miles....

sjd78

I can't speak for your exact system, but I know when I put my Dynomax muffler on, I wasn't that happy with it at first. It had a horrible drone on country roads. But as it got more use, it got better and better and I really like it now.

I guess I'm saying don't give up on it or concern yourself with the sound too much for at least a few thousand miles....

That makes me feel much better. Thankfully I'm getting very little to no drone. I'll keep putting miles on it...

For me, each heat cycle made improvements.

Hopefully you were smarter than I was and removed the plastic film from the muffler. I never expected an "off-road" muffler to be polished and have plastic on it to protect it.... I found it when the new muffler stink wouldn't leave and when I looked at the muffler to check what I was melting it looked like it has an epic case of sun-burn :crazyeyes: :banghead:

sjd78

Hopefully you were smarter than I was and removed the plastic film from the muffler. I never expected an "off-road" muffler to be polished and have plastic on it to protect it.... I found it when the new muffler stink wouldn't leave and when I looked at the muffler to check what I was melting it looked like it has an epic case of sun-burn :crazyeyes: :banghead:

:cheesy::cheesy: I did in fact remove the plastic film :D

EZ-E

Ohhhh. I did that too. I figured it was just the new muffler smell and I looked and noticed it was discolored, too. Figured that it was supposed to do that til I saw all the other pics of the same system and they looked shiny. Shit. :blush:

rogerk93

So yesterday I installed a Dynomax 17263 Ultra Flo Stainless Steel Muffler and a turn down past the rear axle. It seems as though until it warms up it sounds a bit ricey at the upper rpm's before it shifts. Once it warms up it sounds much better. Anyone know if this will eventually improve as I put more miles on it or will it always be ricey until it warms up?

I have the dynomax off road only exhaust that cuts off behind the wheel, at first it also sounded a bit ricey at high rpm's but I have had it on for a little now and it is getting better over time.

Yep. When I put the evolution competition exhaust on, I wasn't all that happy with the sound. Now that it's been on a while, it sounds much better.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yep. When I put the evolution competition exhaust on, I wasn't all that happy with the sound. Now that it's been on a while, it sounds much better.

I just put mine on last week, I notice it a little raspy when cold also. I'm sure after reading the thread, it'll get better after I put some miles on it

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Thank god I wasn't the only one to do this lol

sjd78

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel much better knowing that it's not just me. I'll run it a while before I form an opinion.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the replies guys. I feel much better knowing that it's not just me. I'll run it a while before I form an opinion.

Trust me it will grow on you. I was happy with mine from the get go and I only grew to love it more and more.

RockyJk

I thought the same thing when I put mine on, it's gotten a lot better now. Only thing that annoys me now is the "fart" noise it makes when shifting at high rpms lol

Top Bottom