Evo enforcer 3" with drag link flip just installed

Smwells

It was a twelve hour adventure doing the lift in 100 degree plus weather with just basic hand tools. But it's done. Its the evo enforcer 3" with the drag link flip kit that has the front track bar relocation bracket, (Which is a real pita to install the rest was cake. Haven't got it aligned yet and its scheduled to be done. I have a lot of wandering and was wondering will the alignment help with that or what will. Any suggestions from the jeep wayalife community would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
lift_profile_view[1].jpg
20150630_185530[1].jpg
three_quarter_back_view_lift[1].jpg

yuenhop

evo

I'm about to install that same set up tomorrow. what was the issues you had with the dlf? any tip you can give me?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
It was a twelve hour adventure doing the lift in 100 degree plus weather with just basic hand tools. But it's done. Its the evo enforcer 3" with the drag link flip kit that has the front track bar relocation bracket, (Which is a real pita to install the rest was cake. Haven't got it aligned yet and its scheduled to be done. I have a lot of wandering and was wondering will the alignment help with that or what will. Any suggestions from the jeep wayalife community would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 151391
View attachment 151392
View attachment 151393
Your rig looks great! Nice job.

The alignment will absolutely help the wondering. There is only so much you can do in the garage without an alignment rack and the proper equipment. If you can, try to keep her under 40mph until the alignment is done.

BBrown626

If you can install a lift you can do your own alignment! Eddie has very simple instructions on project-jk.com.

Smwells

I'm about to install that same set up tomorrow. what was the issues you had with the dlf? any tip you can give me?
the tuffest part of the install was the front track bar relocation bracket it is very tight to get bolts in and the drivers side sway bar connection bracket you have to take off you rotor and drill into the spring perch. Use tape on the wrench to hold your bolts to get into the very tight spots. and I would suggest tightening up the back part of the track bar bracket before putting on the front large portion of the track bar bracket. Forget the instructions on the drag link and get a 7/8 drill bit instead of trying to find a 13/16 drill bit. Its nearly impossible to find at any local stores IE home depot ,lowes or orchard.just my two cents. Go very slow on the drilling and coat every 10 to 15 seconds of drilling with oil.

Smwells

Your rig looks great! Nice job.

The alignment will absolutely help the wondering. There is only so much you can do in the garage without an alignment rack and the proper equipment. If you can, try to keep her under 40mph until the alignment is done.

Thank you Matt I will take your advise!:clap2:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I've installed two of these kits and never had to remove the rotor. :thinking:

^this^

Also find yourself the RIGHT tools. It IS your steering and you don't to have any issues that could cause. Harbor freight sells a Deming kit which includes the 13/16 bit like $25, worth it IMHO.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Like it was said above, centering the steering wheel is a no-brainer. You still want to get everything checked out to make sure your caster is correct.

You may have to fine tune the length of your LCA's a bit but I can unequivocally say that the Jeeps on which I have installed the Enforcer feel less "wandery" to me than a stock Jeep.

BitBucket

Just did a 4" enforcer lift 2 weekends ago in the heat on my jku with hand tools. Came out great.

Attachments

• 1435727217668.jpg
    1435727217668.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 481

berick1

View attachment 151391
View attachment 151392
View attachment 151393

Love your Jeep man!

ChaosNein

the tuffest part of the install was the front track bar relocation bracket it is very tight to get bolts in and the drivers side sway bar connection bracket you have to take off you rotor and drill into the spring perch. Use tape on the wrench to hold your bolts to get into the very tight spots. and I would suggest tightening up the back part of the track bar bracket before putting on the front large portion of the track bar bracket. Forget the instructions on the drag link and get a 7/8 drill bit instead of trying to find a 13/16 drill bit. Its nearly impossible to find at any local stores IE home depot ,lowes or orchard.just my two cents. Go very slow on the drilling and coat every 10 to 15 seconds of drilling with oil.

Quite possibly the WORST advise I have seen/read/heard on the intrawebs. ^^^THIS is why we are booked 3 weeks out!!!

dillard09

I hear ya, Drew. Cause in my book .875 and .8125 are close enough when it comes to steering at 75. 🙅👎🙈
nice sugar coat Drew! Haha

Spudcannons

Quite possibly the WORST advise I have seen/read/heard on the intrawebs. ^^^THIS is why we are booked 3 weeks out!!!

I broke the synergy adapter on my drag link flip allowing for play in the steering, after this I did not drive it until it was fixed. After experiencing that DO NOT ALLOW FOR ANY EXTRA SPACE. Being too cheap or lazy to get the right tool is a poor excuse for destroying a perfectly good Jeep.

Smwells

I didnt have too much trouble with the drag link flip kit at all. I recommend the 7/8 drill bit and take the drilling very slow . Adding oil to the area often and make sure you have a drill that has a variable speed trigger. Again slow is the key. The instructions for the drag link flip were not the best and the relocation bracket for the front track bar is a bitch cause of the close quarters in which to get the bolts in . They say to loose fit and tighten all bolts in after the whole track bar bracket is installed, but I would say tightened the back piece first I had a lot of trouble getting the smaller bolt in and tightened once the outer part of the bracket was in. In hind sight I would have tightened those before I put in the outer bracket to make it easier to get to. Any other questions feel free to hit me up.

Smwells

Nice way to treat a customer Drew. Also I would advise anyone to get the synergy front relocation bracket instead not only do they supply better instructions but the bracket is in one piece like it should be. Trust me I would take a 223 to the head before i PURCHASED EVO Front track bar bracket AGAIN. Drew should be kept on a short leash like a rabid dog.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nice way to treat a customer Drew. Also I would advise anyone to get the synergy front relocation bracket instead not only do they supply better instructions but the bracket is in one piece like it should be. Trust me I would take a 223 to the head before i PURCHASED EVO Front track bar bracket AGAIN. Drew should be kept on a short leash like a rabid dog.

Are you kidding? Talk about being sensitive. You gave a shitty piece of advice I called you out on it and so did he.

How can you tell somebody to do something different than the Instructions tell you to do? They are not great instructions but seriously?

You have wandering steering, did you ever think that could have to do with you overdrilling your steering knuckle?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435896470.468130.jpg

Top Bottom