Engine light 1900 miles on Jeep.

Brent McCartney

On my way to work this AM rolled over to 1900 and check engine lt comes on, feels like it has no power.

Attachments

• 1435746479802.jpg
    1435746479802.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 156

foley0416

Had that on mine, light went out before the dealer could check. I got to talk to one of their techs and he said the rubber seal on the gascap sometimes dries up and doesn't seal right. Told me to wipe it down and put some vaseline on it to help seal better and the light hasn't come back on. There is another thread on it as well to check the evap system, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with mine. Been 6k since and no light, knock on wood.

thechrisjones

I have a 2015 JKU Hard Rock.... Same thing happened to me. They "fixed" it (replaced gas top). About 2-3 weeks later it did it again, they "fixed" it (replaced sensor). About a month later again!! This time I told them I don't care how long it takes, I want the best person you have in this garage on my jeep to figure out what's going on! 11 days later they ended up doing a smoke test and said I needed a new charcoal canister. They fixed it and I'll be damned if the engine light didn't come on again about 3 weeks later. They took it back in and replaced a sensor again. I'm about 1 month in and knock on wood it's been good. Talking about frustrating.

BlackHawk08jk

Mine does the same thing have a small and large evap leak. I need to replace my evap canister. But if you run 87 instead of 85 it runs better.

Brent McCartney

Here we go again. This time it came on at start up, no loss of power. Same code p0456. 4 days after filling up with gas so I don't believe it's the cap. Argh.

Attachments

• 1436956860735.jpg
    1436956860735.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 102

JakeJK

Here we go again. This time it came on at start up, no loss of power. Same code p0456. 4 days after filling up with gas so I don't believe it's the cap. Argh.

Are you running premium gas? My 3.8 runs like SH** without premium gas give it a try see it helps any

Brankz

I have a 2015 JKU Hard Rock.... Same thing happened to me. They "fixed" it (replaced gas top). About 2-3 weeks later it did it again, they "fixed" it (replaced sensor). About a month later again!! This time I told them I don't care how long it takes, I want the best person you have in this garage on my jeep to figure out what's going on! 11 days later they ended up doing a smoke test and said I needed a new charcoal canister. They fixed it and I'll be damned if the engine light didn't come on again about 3 weeks later. They took it back in and replaced a sensor again. I'm about 1 month in and knock on wood it's been good. Talking about frustrating.

Dam bro, talking about bad luck lol

Brent McCartney

Got my Jeep back today, replaced gas cap again and the Esim pump. WOW I never realized how poorly my Jeep was running till I drove it home, it has not been running right since the day i bought it.

Top Bottom