Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trek: October 2nd-3rd

Napalm

Texas Hidden Falls Newbie Run

Calling all TX Wayalifers! Myself and my wife are heading down to Hidden Falls Adventure area the first weekend in October. I'm looking for some fellow Wayalifers to head down with us and have some fun in a day filled with mild-moderate Jeeping & a night filled with camping and fun!

We will be camping friday night inside the park and then running trails all day Saturday. This trip is more of a BEGINNER trip but we will have fun!! We will have a short meeting prior to departing for the trail-head Saturday morning involving spotter tips, disconnecting sway bars, and airing down tires for those that need assistance with it.

I want to stress again, that this will be a BEGINNER run with mostly stock Jeeps. The trails we will be doing will be very mild, more scenic trails(WITH BYPASSESS) We must all be patient with each other, learn and have fun. We have one main trail attraction for the day, and if we are able to finish that one with still plenty of daylight left, we will have some bonus more technical trails. None of us will be here to prove anything, just to have fun. No one should be ashamed to take a bypass or say no to an obstacle, and we are all here to help each other have fun and get home safe

ITINERARY

FRIDAY

Between 4PM-5PM, We will be meeting at the Marble Falls walmart supercenter parking lot. This will be where our convoy will come together! My wife ( or myself) will be snapping pictures of everyone with there rigs so that, 1. We will have an awesome photo album of the trip for Wayalife. and 2. So everyone can have pictures of there family with their rigs. At about 5pm we will be departing Walmart heading over to "Holy Smokes! BBQ" for our welcome dinner, that way everyone can get to know each other and fellowship.

At about 6PM-6:30PM, We will then convoy to Hidden falls where everyone can pay park entrance fees and we can set up camp. We will and have a great time camping and enjoying the stars and games.

SATURDAY(TRAIL DAY)

We ask that you be ready for a Drivers meeting at 6:30AM(subject to change) In this meeting, we will cover Sway bar disconnecting, airing down tires, discussing spotting, answering any questions, and checking over our rigs. At 7AM sharp, we will be headed out for the first trail of the day.

TRAILS

Our main trail for the day will be NORTHPOLE/NORTHPEAK This trail is a scenic trail with some difficult obstacles, but all of which have bypasses. This trail will take about half of our day, then we will be stopping for lunch.

We will also be doing trails such as FEEDER CREEK,TRO, and or HOG VALLEY

If anyone from the Tyler/Dallas/Longview or any other areas would like to meet us and convoy with us Friday, you are more than welcome too, just let me know.

I'm going to start a going list of 10 Jeepers at this point, that way, there isn't to big of a group and we don't have to separate into several groups.

REQUIREMENTS

1. I ask that you please have a working CB radio, this makes the experience that much more enjoyable

2. Rocker Protection(Rubi Rails, any type of slider)

3. A great attitude

When you post up as going, Please post a picture of your rig so we know what to look for!!

Hope to see you on the trail soon!
Going:

Leading
Napalm & Mrs Napalm(Camping) & iRonin + wife (camping)

1.Jackal01+ wife & Pup(Camping)

2.tdougherty81(Camping)

3. SmokinV10

4. USMC Wrangler + wife and 4 kiddos(camping)

5. Kumar + wife and 2 kiddos (camping)

6. Hobolobo + 2 (camping)

7. Tharb5111 + wife and Kids (camping)

8. Atxbold

9. Drafh (Camping)

10. CCTX50

WAITING LIST:

1. Daverawr

Last edited:

Napalm

East Texas Barnwell Mountain Trek! Oct 2nd-3rd

Ignore this post/picture

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435756650.385042.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435756650.385042.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Oh you know it. :rock: We don't have plans so the schedule is good. Just the 4 hour drive on a Friday is what we are gonna think over. If we can make it work.

expect the drive to be a little over 4 hours an 45 mins. that was traveling 80 most the way too lol

if i get my death wobble finally figured out by then Napalm, then i will be a for sure.

Sithwindu

I'm going July 24!! I'm conquering turtle rock this time!! Hitting Jeffs playground first and gonna take a look at Stonehenge seen if it's possible, put me down for a maybe!! I'll let Ya know more as the time get closer, I'll know for sure in late August

Napalm

EDIT: Our destination for the day has been changed due to park events. See 1st post.

I'll remind again we will be doing the easy-moderate trails!

Napalm

I'm going July 24!! I'm conquering turtle rock this time!! Hitting Jeffs playground first and gonna take a look at Stonehenge seen if it's possible, put me down for a maybe!! I'll let Ya know more as the time get closer, I'll know for sure in late August

Will do! (Ten characters)

Napalm

Easy/moderate should be fine with a mostly stock JKUR right?

I'm still talking with the owner to find out.. Maybe someone with experience at hidden falls will chime in? Either way we will have recovery gear and winches so we should have you covered!

Hobolobo

I'm still talking with the owner to find out.. Maybe someone with experience at hidden falls will chime in? Either way we will have recovery gear and winches so we should have you covered!

Ive got a winch/recovery gear, just making sure i can drive it home afterwards.

Jackal01

SmokinV10 has been. Hopefully he will chime in.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
we can achieve lvl 3s without to much fuss. its when we get to the 4s when we start to have a bit of trouble getting high centered with jkus :thumb:

Napalm

we can achieve lvl 3s without to much fuss. its when we get to the 4s when we start to have a bit of trouble getting high centered with jkus :thumb:

Excellent news nick! Looks like we will be doing level 1-3 and maybe 1 or 2 fours :)

Thanks for chiming in!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
no problem!

its even better that some of you have winches, so that way you can get out with ease.
the Texas thread has a good amount of photos from hidden falls that we've done to get an idea.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14605

the last page is when i went about a month or so ago. and i think there should be one more trip in there that we all did.

Edit: page 16 was one of them also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom