How to Keep your Jeep looking Clean??

White_JKU

I see you guy's rigs on my Facebook newsfeed as well as in various publications and websites all the time. Every time I see pictures, especially up close shots of various parts such as the light bar mount for the cage thing that I just saw on Facebook. The rigs appear to be showroom clean ALL the time!! How do you guys do it? I've got sand and dirt seeping from every crevasse in my 2012 and try to keep it looking good while you guys hit the hardest trails in America and they always look flawless?
What's the secret?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Actually, I think this question should be directed toward GCM 2 as he's the clean Jeep Master. :thumb:

Seriously, do a thorough cleaning of your Jeep and then make it a habbit of wiping dust off and doing a little cleaning here and there as time presents itself. Try not to fall into the rut of "I'm just going to get it dirty again so why bother" mentality. By doing this, your Jeep will stay cleaner looking longer and, will make future clean-ups easier.

Did I about cover the bases Greg? Please feel free to polish in details that I might have missed :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you don't mind that I changed your title as I think there are a lot of folks who might be able to chime in with useful info :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
:cheesy: Actually, I think this question should be directed toward GCM 2 as he's the clean Jeep Master. :thumb:

Seriously, do a thorough cleaning of your Jeep and then make it a habbit of wiping dust off and doing a little cleaning here and there as time presents itself. Try not to fall into the rut of "I'm just going to get it dirty again so why bother" mentality. By doing this, your Jeep will stay cleaner looking longer and, will make future clean-ups easier.

Did I about cover the bases Greg? Please feel free to polish in details that I might have missed :D

:cheesy: A couple mod install pics and see what you started. So GCM 2... I see a "clean" write up in your very near future. Word is out and we hope you will share more. I get the cleaning part, but what products are you guys using for regular cleaning int/ext as well as "polish" cleanings of interior seats and surfaces. :brows:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
A can of semi satin black is a good trick as well!

I just can't get the dirt out of the soft top

JeepFan

Hooked
ChrisB said:
I just can't get the dirt out of the soft top

I wash the soft top with a good car soap. To make it look like new again I wipe it down with a water dampened soft terry cloth lightly soaked with armorall. Done!

GCM 2

wayoflife said:

Haha, I love it! Yep, I could not have said it any better! That is exactly what I do, in fact yesterday I was on the trail from 7am-1pm, came home did a quick vacuum and wash, and was at the car show from 4:30pm-9pm parked right next to classic muscle cars and exotics supercars. If you let the filth build, it's going to be a long time cleaning.

Edit: it also helps to be the group leader on trail runs, that way you break first dust, not eating it ;)

Attachments

• image-525926465.jpg
    image-525926465.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3302077978.jpg
    image-3302077978.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3846045428.jpg
    image-3846045428.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2462046567.jpg
    image-2462046567.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 136

GCM 2

:cheesy: A couple mod install pics and see what you started. So GCM 2... I see a "clean" write up in your very near future. Word is out and we hope you will share more. I get the cleaning part, but what products are you guys using for regular cleaning int/ext as well as "polish" cleanings of interior seats and surfaces. :brows:

You know, I think all the write up has been done. We covered this topic in the JKX thread I think :thinking: I will have to do some searching, cutting and pasting. :brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...it also helps to be the group leader on trail runs, that way you break first dust, not eating it ;)

too true. more times than not, we're up front leading a group and that helps a lot. well, unless we're doing a long climb and the wind is blowing up the mountain :icon_crazy:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Just my luck Eddie. I end up in the back because I can fix things and carry the tools and spare parts. We don't tell anyone that since we want them to be self sufficient. But.... I always end up bringing up the tail. And yes, everyone always makes it off the trail.

Top Bottom