oro tail lights with evo corners

jeeper52

LOSER
I had a question for those of you running the oro tail lights with the evo corner skins. Since they dont fit flush with the rubber grommets like most lights i have to come up with a way to bolt them in but still have enough room left to get my hands through the wholes to bolt on the brackets for the tire carrier. If any of you have this setup i would appreciate a tip. Thanks!

JAGS

Hooked
I had a question for those of you running the oro tail lights with the evo corner skins. Since they dont fit flush with the rubber grommets like most lights i have to come up with a way to bolt them in but still have enough room left to get my hands through the wholes to bolt on the brackets for the tire carrier. If any of you have this setup i would appreciate a tip. Thanks!

Could be wrong, but don't believe the Oros will work with the EVO corners. At least, it wasn't an option when I did mine a year ago.

If you want similar style, you'll need to look to the Maximma truck brand brake, turn, reverse LED. It uses 3 self taping screws.

Here's a pic. I've had them little over a year and still like the look and versatility. ORE has since installed these on several other rigs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435872292.706026.jpg

If I happen to be wrong on the Oros, im sure someone will chime in.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Could be wrong, but don't believe the Oros will work with the EVO corners. At least, it wasn't an option when I did mine a year ago.

If you want similar style, you'll need to look to the Maximma truck brand brake, turn, reverse LED. It uses 3 self taping screws.

Here's a pic. I've had them little over a year and still like the look and versatility. ORE has since installed these on several other rigs.

View attachment 151676

What pin are you using on your carrier? It looks like a bolt? :idontknow:

JAGS

Hooked
What pin are you using on your carrier? It looks like a bolt? :idontknow:

Yup, good eyes. Two grade 8 bolts that I had trimmed and drilled so that the retainer pins (name??) still work.

The bolts are slightly bigger than the pins that come with the carrier and you find standard. Fit the joint with a little less wiggle room.

Use the bolts just like pins, but look like bolts at quick glance. Was going for added false security too. 😉

jeeper52

LOSER

View attachment 151676

Thanks for the reply. I do like the way your tail lights look. I wish I knew those were available back when I bought mine. I have seen the oro's on JK's before with the Evo corners but they must have made some kind of custom bracket for the lights to mount to. Hopefully somebody on here has done that and I can see how to do it myself. If not i will have to order yours. If you don't mind me asking what do those run?

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks for the reply. I do like the way your tail lights look. I wish I knew those were available back when I bought mine. I have seen the oro's on JK's before with the Evo corners but they must have made some kind of custom bracket for the lights to mount to. Hopefully somebody on here has done that and I can see how to do it myself. If not i will have to order yours. If you don't mind me asking what do those run?

Yeah, the OROs might be a bit more of custom install???

The maxxima lights are available on eBay along with the LED resistors. You can also find them on Amazon now. The lights were about $30-35 each. Sometimes you can find a "pair" for a good price.

I have more pics in my build thread if you want to check that out.

rampagejk

Yeah, the OROs might be a bit more of custom install???

The maxxima lights are available on eBay along with the LED resistors. You can also find them on Amazon now. The lights were about $30-35 each. Sometimes you can find a "pair" for a good price.

I have more pics in my build thread if you want to check that out.

I like your design - I did ordered maxxima lights from Amazon recently. I have not figure out how to use this one for my new EVO corners. :thumb:

Top Bottom