Air conditioning and head unit issues

Krystianjk

So every time I drive over an uneven surface my AC and head unit turn off? Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas

Kalums

Gotta be a short, whether it's behind the dash(this is where Ide start) or under the hood I can't say with out looking myself. You should try behind the center dash controls first

Krystianjk

Gotta be a short, whether it's behind the dash(this is where Ide start) or under the hood I can't say with out looking myself. You should try behind the center dash controls first

How would I go about doing that? Newbie here :/

UNLIMITED_FUN

I suspect that you have an aftermarket HU and additional wiring which required that the center dash be removed for installation.

Remove the center dash front face and note where the screws go back to.

Once you can lean it fwd, there will be two steel cables attached that move the vents etc, don't mess with those.

There are several wiring harness plugs, and some you can barely see! Apply pressure to these and ensure that they are indeed as seated and locked in to position as humanly possible.

They N E E D some persuasion.

Take time and make observation if there are any additional wires etc that need to be secured.

Put the center dash back in and try to repro.

This is a 20 minute way to correct any connections that are not mated properly without the use of voltmeters etc.

Good luck!

Krystianjk

I suspect that you have an aftermarket HU and additional wiring which required that the center dash be removed for installation.

Remove the center dash front face and note where the screws go back to.

Once you can lean it fwd, there will be two steel cables attached that move the vents etc, don't mess with those.

There are several wiring harness plugs, and some you can barely see! Apply pressure to these and ensure that they are indeed as seated and locked in to position as humanly possible.

They N E E D some persuasion.

Take time and make observation if there are any additional wires etc that need to be secured.

Put the center dash back in and try to repro.

This is a 20 minute way to correct any connections that are not mated properly without the use of voltmeters etc.

Good luck!

Nope. I have the factory head unit

Top Bottom