trucklite question

berick1

First off I wanna say thanks to Wayalife and everyone on this forum for providing such a great resource for Jeep owners. :clap2:

My question has to do with fog light bulbs and trucklite headlights. I know the 1st major mod I'm going to make to my new JK is to replace the stock headlights with Trucklites. I'd like to replace the fog light bulbs at the same time with bulbs that will be close to, or exact match, the light color of the Trucklites. Looking for suggestions. I've heard Sirius makes some but I'm not sure what model / buld I need.

Thanks guys!

berick1

Why not just get the matching fogs truck lite offers?

I was not tracking they made one, at least not a round one that would replace the stock ones. Only ones I've seen are the rectangle ones. Help a newb out with the link!

JAGS

Hooked
I was not tracking they made one, at least not a round one that would replace the stock ones. Only ones I've seen are the rectangle ones. Help a newb out with the link!

Do you want them for function or just for aesthetics so they match the TLs?

If just to match, go with the sirius LEDs. They are plug and play, give off decent light and will nearly match the TL whiter light. And they are cheap via Amazon.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436149364.829431.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436149417.100220.jpg

Kalums

If just to match, go with the sirius LEDs. They are plug and play, give off decent light and will nearly match the TL whiter light. And they are cheap via Amazon.

View attachment 152261
View attachment 152263

I saw these once on another guys Jeep @ work, been looking ever since, because he didn't know who made them and someone else bought them for him. JAGS do you have a link?

Edit: oh and a part # plus all I can find is that it should be a psx24w...*shrugs*

Last edited:

berick1

View attachment 152261
View attachment 152263

Jags, I was hoping to match AND have them be worth a S%^T. Looks like you are out in some Sirius, woud you say they are worthless functionally? Also what model are those?

Thanks.

JAGS

Hooked
I saw these once on another guys Jeep @ work, been looking ever since, because he didn't know who made them and someone else bought them for him. JAGS do you have a link?

Edit: oh and a part # plus all I can find is that it should be a psx24w...*shrugs*

Here you go:

2x H16 5202 50w Projection Super Bright White LED Fog Light Daytime Running Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC3C5VS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_jfFMvb2B5R2ST

These are different than the ones in the USMC link. Not sure the difference (they do look different), but these Sirius linked above DO NOT require any trimming to the plug or connector. Some do.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Glad I stumbled across this thread. Just ordered a set of the sirius led fog lights at the amazon link posted. Stock fog lights look dull compared to the color of the Trucklight headlights.

berick1

Has anyone had an aiming issues when installing these headlights, or are they simply aligned by virtue of the mounting location?

07JKSahara

Has anyone had an aiming issues when installing these headlights, or are they simply aligned by virtue of the mounting location?

They have to be aimed. It will make a world of difference. Get a torx screwdriver, it's super easy if you have a wall you can drive up to.

berick1

They have to be aimed. It will make a world of difference. Get a torx screwdriver, it's super easy if you have a wall you can drive up to.

I know they are held in place by a torx crew, is that how you adjust them? (any chance there is a thread on here detailing the process???)

07JKSahara

I know they are held in place by a torx crew, is that how you adjust them? (any chance there is a thread on here detailing the process???)

There is a thread, sorry I can't figure out how to link on mobile. When you look straight at them, there is a tiny circular cut out at about 2 o clock and 10 onclock depending on the driver/passenger. Use that and it will aim them up/down.

Top Bottom