Jeep trying to start by itself!!! Help

JKLIFE

So I just had to run out to the garage because my jeep was trying to start all by itself. Earlier today I went to pull it into the garage and when I turned it off, the motor was still running. Sounds like the starter is going out. Is it normal for a jeep to try to start by itself?

BadApple

Is this a real question.....

Is it normal for a Jeep to try to start by itself?

Is it normal for any vehicle no matter what it is to try and start itself? What is this world coming to? Flag burning, Same sex marriage, banning The Dukes of Hazard and now..... jeeps starting themselves. Hmmm I would say no its not normal.

BTW I'm just messing around I'd hate to offend anyone nowadays

JKLIFE

Hahaha! All good points! But seriously my jeep wouldn't turn off earlier and now it trying to turn itself on. Any recommendations?

Big b

I would think something is up with the ignition switch. Engine not stopping when you turned it off would not be related to the starter.

JKLIFE

So to add to this craziness, about 11pm last night I heard a noise coming from the garage. I went to see what it was and the jeep was trying to start by itself. I ended up disconnecting the battery. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Spudcannons

So to add to this craziness, about 11pm last night I heard a noise coming from the garage. I went to see what it was and the jeep was trying to start by itself. I ended up disconnecting the battery. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Sounds like a short. Do you have a remote starter?

JKLIFE

So I found the problem. The foil cover around the starter was touching the wire and was grounding to the block. Every time the foil made contact with the block it would try to start.

christine.jpg

Top Bottom