JKS Lift

JK LYF

Anyone running the JKS lift (JSPEC)? Specifically the 2.5 inch on 2 door? If so, would like to see opinions.....

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Anyone running the JKS lift (JSPEC)? Specifically the 2.5 inch on 2 door? If so, would like to see opinions.....

I'm running the JSPEC 2.0 in my 4 door. I netted 3.25" of lift initially, and 3" of actual lift after everything settled. It rides very close to stock in my opinion. I have ridden in several other similar rigs with Teraflex, Rough Country, OME and a few others, and can honestly say the JKS springs are softer than those. I have ran Fox 2.0 shocks and Rancho shocks with them. I'm definitely happy and will stick with this setup until I can get coilovers.

JK LYF

I'm running the JSPEC 2.0 in my 4 door. I netted 3.25" of lift initially, and 3" of actual lift after everything settled. It rides very close to stock in my opinion. I have ridden in several other similar rigs with Teraflex, Rough Country, OME and a few others, and can honestly say the JKS springs are softer than those. I have ran Fox 2.0 shocks and Rancho shocks with them. I'm definitely happy and will stick with this setup until I can get coilovers.

Thanks for the response. So with that info, a 2.5 inch lift on a 2 door should actually be slightly more after everything settles. Good to know.

JKbrick

I did the JSPEC on my 2 door but just the standard kit since I wanted Currie control arms. The front measured 3/4" low stock so I threw a 3/4" spacer on the front also and ended up with 3.5" of lift. Has not settled any even with a quarter pounder bumper. Went with Fox shocks

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the response. So with that info, a 2.5 inch lift on a 2 door should actually be slightly more after everything settles. Good to know.

Something to keep in mind, almost every lift will give you more lift than advertised. How much depends on how your rig is outfitted, passengers and gear you carry. The only way to get a guaranteed 2.5" of lift would be to do a spacer lift or get coilovers that can be adjusted down to 2.5 inches. 2 doors typically see more lift than 4 doors, which can open up the need for more stuff to make the Jeep handle and wheel properly again, such as drag link flips, drive shafts, front lower control arms to adjust caster, etc. please let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.

Top Bottom