Dynatrac brake system upgrade

rogerk93

Anyone running the dynatrac brake system? I was looking into the teraflex big brake kit and was interested in the bigger caliber that are included with the kit. It seems a bigger caliber working with bigger rotors is better than just bigger rotors, But it is only for the fronts. Any insight would be great.

sjd78

Eddie is running the Dynatrac kit on Rubicat. He said it made a great improvement over stock. It's what I'll be going with in the future.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, not only running it but tested it against the TF kit and can tell you the ProGrip performed better.

bsimon187

I got mine installed this week. I can tell you that it is a BIG improvement over stock. My stopping distance has decreased drastically and the kit is well made. Only downside is that you might have to get your rear tires re-balanced as the calipers might run on the rear weights. I had to do that as it rubbed then off completely. I am running 17" rugged ridge and they clear but not by much in the rear.

jedg

Yup, not only running it but tested it against the TF kit and can tell you the ProGrip performed better.

So to go with the anecdotal confirmation from WAL, this article provides some good info. They are running a 4" lift and 37s. (doesn't say what brand)

<snip> Our average stopping distance from a speed of 60 mph went from 170 feet (with stock brakes) to 126.7 feet (with the Dynatrac ProGrip system).</snip>

From: http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/s...-2007-current-jeep-jk-wrangler/#ixzz3i9Jc12Fu

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone running the dynatrac brake system? I was looking into the teraflex big brake kit and was interested in the bigger caliber that are included with the kit. It seems a bigger caliber working with bigger rotors is better than just bigger rotors, But it is only for the fronts. Any insight would be great.

I've been running the Dynatrac brakes since March, BFG KO2 37's with ATX Chambers. The braking is fantastic.

Only thing I ran into was my 17" wheels did not have enough clearance for the brakes - make sure you have 17" clearance from the outer edge to the hub on the inside of your wheels. Mine started at 17" but then had a thick center body that reduced to 16.75 and would not clear the brakes. ....ATX upgrade!

rogerk93

I've been running the Dynatrac brakes since March, BFG KO2 37's with ATX Chambers. The braking is fantastic.

Only thing I ran into was my 17" wheels did not have enough clearance for the brakes - make sure you have 17" clearance from the outer edge to the hub on the inside of your wheels. Mine started at 17" but then had a thick center body that reduced to 16.75 and would not clear the brakes. ....ATX upgrade!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check my wheels It should be 17 all around. What did you end up doing to fix that problem?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

The chambers fixed the issue you had with clearance or the chambers didn't have enough clearance?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I can second what Eddie said. I had the TF kit but switched to the Dynatrac ProGrip and can definitely tell the difference.

espi

I was concerned about the clearance issue and Dynatrac told me the minimum wheel inside diameter is 15.50" @ 0.75" from wheel mounting surface in the front. In the rear, you need 15.875" ID @ 1.25" from wheel mounting surface.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I was concerned about the clearance issue and Dynatrac told me the minimum wheel inside diameter is 15.50" @ 0.75" from wheel mounting surface in the front. In the rear, you need 15.875" ID @ 1.25" from wheel mounting surface.

I have the Hutchinson's and no clearance issues with them. They are HEAVY but I don't think ATX slabs were available when I bought them.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Would wheel spacers get the clearance needed? I'm not at the point where I want to race my stocks yet but with 75K on the ticker I can justify an upgrade to the brakes versus an overhaul.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can second what Eddie said. I had the TF kit but switched to the Dynatrac ProGrip and can definitely tell the difference.

I'm glad you chimed in with this. There are a lot of people who simply cannot believe me when I tell them as much. You literally have to feel and see the difference for yourself. The ProGrips really do perform BETTER than the TF kit.

Top Bottom