For those in the know, 37`s and gearing?

bowtech50

I have looked at the charts and read many threads on this, but it seems like logistics may play a part in the choice of gearing and 37`s? I live in Minnesota and have a 2013 JKUR and am installing the lift and KO2 37`s hopefully this weekend if the lift opens up. I drive some freeway and pull a small 2000 lb trailer on occasion. Between 4:88 and 5:13, what would be a better choice? I don`t ever plan on going bigger, and I would like good drivabilty and if it is possible 15mpg range.

Spudcannons

I have looked at the charts and read many threads on this, but it seems like logistics may play a part in the choice of gearing and 37`s? I live in Minnesota and have a 2013 JKUR and am installing the lift and KO2 37`s hopefully this weekend if the lift opens up. I drive some freeway and pull a small 2000 lb trailer on occasion. Between 4:88 and 5:13, what would be a better choice? I don`t ever plan on going bigger, and I would like good drivabilty and if it is possible 15mpg range.

I would do 5.13's since you tow. I bet you do a bit over 15 mpg with them too.

I have a 13 (manual), 37s and 5.13s and love them. While 4.88 works out to a mathematical equivalent RPM wise for the 37s they need more power to get them rolling. I think you would regret the 4.88s. Especially with some towing.

As far as MPG goes, It will be directly proportional to how fast you drive. I get 19-20 at 60 MPH and 16.5-ish at 70 MPH.

Kickrocks

I have a 13 (manual), 37s and 5.13s and love them. While 4.88 works out to a mathematical equivalent RPM wise for the 37s they need more power to get them rolling. I think you would regret the 4.88s. Especially with some towing.

As far as MPG goes, It will be directly proportional to how fast you drive. I get 19-20 at 60 MPH and 16.5-ish at 70 MPH.

I am running 37 with 5.13s but not seeing the MPG as great as you do. I get an avg of 14.4mpg. But I do love the setup.

CandAMudders

37s with 4.88...I don't tow and have a stock front axle. I put in a RIPP to give some extra oompphh (that is a technical term).

Jk909

I run 4:88 with 35's and I pull my 20' boat. It's a perfect combo. I think you need to go the next step up.

Top Bottom