Yuma Mtns Offroading

Nicholas

Hey guys, I was in Yuma yesterday and I noticed a couple if mountain ranges nearby. I was wondering has anyone been offroading in those mountains?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, I was in Yuma yesterday and I noticed a couple if mountain ranges nearby. I was wondering has anyone been offroading in those mountains?

Up north in California? If so, a lot of that is the Chocolate Mountain Arial Gunnery Range. Can't wheel up in them but, to the north east of them is the Bradshaw Trail.

Nicholas

wayoflife said:
Up north in California? If so, a lot of that is the Chocolate Mountain Arial Gunnery Range. Can't wheel up in them but, to the north east of them is the Bradshaw Trail.

I'll have to check it out.

Do you know if there are trails near the Colorado river on the Arizona side?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
GHEY! No bookface for me. There was a guy on JK-F with PDF files of trails in Yuma. He is supposed to send them to me and the OP so if he does I will post them up.

:cheesy: i looked and there isn't any trail info there anyway. if you do get a PDF file, please do share it here. i'd like to see if there are any cool trails that i've not done :yup:

Nicholas

wayoflife said:
:cheesy: i looked and there isn't any trail info there anyway. if you do get a PDF file, please do share it here. i'd like to see if there are any cool trails that i've not done :yup:

Looks like there are a few trails btw Yuma and qaurtzsite az.

Araz wash-rock gardens
No Name wash-narrows
Thousand caves
Jackson Gulch-rock gardens
Crystal hill-narrow

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like there are a few trails btw Yuma and qaurtzsite az.

Araz wash-rock gardens
No Name wash-narrows
Thousand caves
Jackson Gulch-rock gardens
Crystal hill-narrow

sorry, i just meant there were no maps or GPS coordinates. fun trails in that neck of the woods. :yup:

Nicholas

wayoflife said:
sorry, i just meant there were no maps or GPS coordinates. fun trails in that neck of the woods. :yup:

No worries. I'm going to look into finding GPS or maps of those locations. The pics I saw made the trails look interesting and an added bonus there are some mining ghost towns and possible camping along the Colorado river.

Nicholas

After hours of searching online, I was able to find the names of trails, some GPS info and the rating of difficulty near Yuma and along the CA/AZ border. Thanks to Yuma 4x4 website with the info.

Attachments

• image-2447313287.jpg
    image-2447313287.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image-457417774.jpg
    image-457417774.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image-63656323.jpg
    image-63656323.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image-1571465813.jpg
    image-1571465813.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 44

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After hours of searching online, I was able to find the names of trails, some GPS info and the rating of difficulty near Yuma and along the CA/AZ border. Thanks to Yuma 4x4 website with the info.

Right on!! Nice work my friend :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going out this weekend to checkout those trails if anyone wants to join me.

I so wish I could join ya but we've got a project that needs to be done by Sunday. If you head out there, please take notes and let us know what you find :thumb:

Top Bottom