35s need regearing?

DuneJeepher

Hey everyone, I have a '14 JK 2door with XRC bumpers.
Looking to put 35s on with 17" wheels. I'm reading that a 2inch leveling kit as well as cutting my fenders will do the job but I am wondering if I'll need to regear also.
Thoughts?

Thanks!

DuneJeepher

Hey everyone, I have a '14 JK 2door with XRC bumpers.
Looking to put 35s on with 17" wheels. I'm reading that a 2inch leveling kit as well as cutting my fenders will do the job but I am wondering if I'll need to regear also.
Thoughts?

Thanks!

BTW, I live in FL and only trail occasionally

seanb123

Short answer is no. I ran 35s for a long time with the old motor and 3.73. But driving around might find your self wanting to get the power back. I suggest just get the 35s and see how you like it and go from there.

mo0s3

Ahh I was just going to post this same thread. I have a 2015 JK Unlimited 4door
2 inch lift and I'm adding 35's today.
I'll keep you posted on how the power goes. I currently have 33's and have no issue with power.

Im running 35" tires with stock 3.21 gears! Yeah its not bad driving around town but when you hit any elevation i have no power going up hills unless i punch it! I did manage getting 19 mpg though driving to the beach but i did baby it the whole way.

Spudcannons

Im running 35" tires with stock 3.21 gears! Yeah its not bad driving around town but when you hit any elevation i have no power going up hills unless i punch it! I did manage getting 19 mpg though driving to the beach but i did baby it the whole way.

I was doing the same until last week. The 4.88s are a whole new world. I definitely recommend them.

Spudcannons

if you dont mind me asking how much did it run you to do the gear set up with installation and everything?

about 12k since they were in my new axles! :cheesy:

But I would guess 1k-1.5k depending on the place. EVO had a special idk if they still do.

about 12k since they were in my new axles! :cheesy:

But I would guess 1k-1.5k depending on the place. EVO had a special idk if they still do.

Yeah it will be awhile before i can do any new axles. Ill have to stick with the dana 30 and 44 for now i guess.

metalic

I have the 3.8 and ran 35's with 4:10's for a month waiting on my installer. I now have 5:13's and wish I didn't have to go the month on 4:10

Spudcannons

Yeah it will be awhile before i can do any new axles. Ill have to stick with the dana 30 and 44 for now i guess.

Could be worth saving for the axles like I did instead of regearing. If you don't do a lot of highway its not bad since the auto has such a deep 1st gear.

Could be worth saving for the axles like I did instead of regearing. If you don't do a lot of highway its not bad since the auto has such a deep 1st gear.

Yeah hard to save with a new baby on the way lol. Right now all i do is highway driving. Havent had a chance to take it offroad much other than heavy snow. Still saving for a front bumper and winch before i hit the trails to hard.

Spudcannons

Yeah hard to save with a new baby on the way lol. Right now all i do is highway driving. Havent had a chance to take it offroad much other than heavy snow. Still saving for a front bumper and winch before i hit the trails to hard.

Save money, that D30 will die quickly.

Save money, that D30 will die quickly.

Well the only plus to having the dana 30 is if it dies within the next 3 years it will be covered under my warranty since the dealership had my lift done! Maybe if it dies i can talk them into writing me a check to put towards a new axle!

Top Bottom