jeep dash switches

Jmjnewbold

So I am looking to add switches to my jeep to control extra lights, possibly a winch, etc, etc. I have seen the companies that make switch panels that mount on the A-pillar, right in front of the shifters, and so on, but what about ones that mount to factory holes? The image I have attached shows my interior (sort of) with 4 empty spaces to put switches. Does anyone know of a company that makes switches that will fit and operate just like the stock switches?

Picture 1.jpg

canadianjku

Unfortunately they don't exist. From what I understand there is no way to put switches into those stock empty spots.

The closest looking thing to stock is probably the spod

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I did see where somebody did add switches to those spots, but it was a 100% custom job. It was nowhere near plug-n-play.

I liked the idea though.

trailraider

Its all one switch. you drill through that and you'll need to replace the whole assembly. curcuit board from one side to the other.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
The idea I saw involved micro switches that were fit above the circuit board and below the existing blank covers.

I'm not sure if it was very functional. I remember momentary switches, but don't remember any on/off type switches.

The blank switch covers only required trimming a pair of tabs that allowed then to move.

Wethy

i wish it were possible. even finding a spare switch to hack apart is kind of difficult. on the moper overstock site there were about 10 different switch panels.

i did see this picture on instagram though of the new switch pros mounted above the drivers side speaker. looks really good in my opinion!

swit.jpg

Jmjnewbold

i wish it were possible. even finding a spare switch to hack apart is kind of difficult. on the moper overstock site there were about 10 different switch panels.

i did see this picture on instagram though of the new switch pros mounted above the drivers side speaker. looks really good in my opinion!

View attachment 152944

That does look pretty sweet! Too bad you can see the screws.:crazyeyes: I know I am nit-picky, but I would like to keep the interior looking as stock as possible. Thanks everyone for the answers!

Jmjnewbold

So, I did some digging around on Youtube and found a guy who is modifying the stock switches without messing up the circuit board. Check out the link and let me know what you think. Is it possible to use the switch as an on-off type? Has anyone seen thread or write-ups similar to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QrDxvd6uj4

quertyman

I actually have used these blank switches to put my bass knob in for my sub. It was not easy to say the least and I wanted to challenge myself. But I got it done and I think it looks pretty good.
IMG_20150722_212344.jpg

Top Bottom