Help Please. ABS problems after axle swap.

JJK

Installed a PR60 and PR44 with Dynatrac brake upgrade in my 2014 JKUR. I sold my stock axles complete. So when I did the install I put in new wheel bearing assembly in the front, and a new parking brake assembly with speed sensor in the rear. Now my ABS and TC lights are on. I've done research and the only thing I have come up with is to disconnect the battery for a while and then touch the hot and ground together to reset the computer. Tried that today with no change. Has anyone had to deal with this yet, or have any ideas how to clear it?

Thanks
JJ

OscarMike2.0

Do you have a tuner of any kind. Procal? Superchips? Bullydog? If not you will need one to set your new gear ratio.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I figured after dropping that much coin on new axles might as well put in new unit bearings and rear ebrake brackets. I think maybe 350 for all of it. Was a year ago so not sure exactly.

OscarMike2.0

I figured after dropping that much coin on new axles might as well put in new unit bearings and rear ebrake brackets. I think maybe 350 for all of it. Was a year ago so not sure exactly.

I've only got 20k miles. Should I still grab some new unit bearings? I got new rear rotors and pads but didn't get a new ebrske bracket. Why do you need a new bracket?

big dr

The speed sensors can be very finiky about their spacing. Make sure you have them in the correct location.

Spudcannons

I've only got 20k miles. Should I still grab some new unit bearings? I got new rear rotors and pads but didn't get a new ebrske bracket. Why do you need a new bracket?

You may ruin the old one taking off the rear brakes. I'm still working on the wheel speed sensor issue will be fixing it Wednesday when I get the sensor.

bsimon187

I did the same swap and broke one of my wheel sensors. Not sure which one, but it made my jeep dangerous to drive as it would kick on all the brakes as i would take a turn. So I took the easy way out and pulled out the fuse. No more problem. Just kills the abs and esp.

JJK

I may have to pull the fuses. Everything is new. New Timken unit bearings, Mopar rear brake assembly and speed sensor.

Not sure about the spacing, as everything is a direct bolt and plug in to my knowledge.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I may have to pull the fuses. Everything is new. New Timken unit bearings, Mopar rear brake assembly and speed sensor.

Not sure about the spacing, as everything is a direct bolt and plug in to my knowledge.

You are correct, there is no way to space them. Just install them and they are set. Only thing that could change it is if you got mud between the sensor and unit bearing or rear mount. Just clean the surfaces before installing it.

jkugeza

I'm also having this prob. Also after my axle swap my tranny has a hard time going in R. If I turn off my rig and restart is going into R just fine.

Top Bottom