Trimming Rubi Rails

TheStick

Finally getting around to doing this. I have them off and marked at 2" to trim. At this point the cut would go right through a weld. Just wondering if this is normal and ok. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436648324.353194.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Have a '13, pinch seams came trimmed.

One more question. Just some rubber cement type glue to secure the end caps back on?

I pulled that Christmas tree fastener out, popped the end cap off, re-drilled the hole and re-attached everything. It's been holding fine for me. Of course, touch up the bare metal with some rattle can.

TheStick

I pulled that Christmas tree fastener out, popped the end cap off, re-drilled the hole and re-attached everything. It's been holding fine for me. Of course, touch up the bare metal with some rattle can.

Yeah. I cut that thing off. It was pissing me off :D

Right Rudder

Friction only has kept my end cap in for over a year as well. I used a Sawzall and it breezed right through that weld. I tried to extract the fastener for the end cap intact for about 5 minutes, then gave up.

NV375

Yeah. I cut that thing off. It was pissing me off :D

I had some replacement fasteners in my garage that I used after drilling new holes. Any chain parts store will have them. Even if they do fall off how long are you going to run Rubi Rails anyway? I thought one year? Now with my son racking up med bills maybe two years? They are only temporary item right?

TheStick

I had some replacement fasteners in my garage that I used after drilling new holes. Any chain parts store will have them. Even if they do fall off how long are you going to run Rubi Rails anyway? I thought one year? Now with my son racking up med bills maybe two years? They are only temporary item right?

Haha. Exactly. I had planned on then this summer, but decided on a career change which has me pinching pennies.

Numbnuts

I sawzalled 1.5" mine off yesterday. Just stuck the plastic end caps in there, and figure if they fall out, the hell with it.

Top Bottom