Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diablo Sport-in tune

• Diablo Trinity

• Total voters

aldaman

Hello all,

I have a '12 JKU-Rubi with an auto trans/4.10 gearing. Looking to purchase a programmer and would like to get your opinion on which one to get. Haven't heard much about Banks & Diablo. There are a lot of posts about Superchips, but majority of the posts are about issues with them. Thanks in advance...:beer:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

JKG33K

Got the Superchips Traildash a month ago. Tested optimized 87 & 93 tunes (not custom...yet) and both give a noticeable difference to mpg and performance. Still working through the other tunes slowly tank by tank to find the sweet spot. Happy with the product so far.

aldaman

Got the Superchips Traildash a month ago. Tested optimized 87 & 93 tunes (not custom...yet) and both give a noticeable difference to mpg and performance. Still working through the other tunes slowly tank by tank to find the sweet spot. Happy with the product so far.

Does it come with its own mount or did you have to purchase one like this below? Thanks...

image.jpg

image.jpg

BumpStick

I bought the Diablo in tune first. It was good for shift points due to larger tires but wasn't easy or fun trying to set it up to my driving style and terrain. Ever program has to be modified then loaded. The trail dash is great. Great gages and you can make changes on the fly.

Diablo had great out of the box tunes, so if you don't want to go crazy making your own tune of have gauges it's a good choice. My Diablo is now on my DD Ram.

A.J.

I have the Superchips flashpaq didn't feel like I needed the extras of trail dash. Noticeable difference, just seems to run much smoother. In process of fine tuning. I like the 91 performance tune the most, but shift points of the tow tune. Mostly bought it for the gear and tire size change but was pleasantly surprised by the tuning difference. Also gained a couple mpg.

aldaman

Thanks for the replies guys, I went ahead and purchased the SC Traildash. Install was a breeze....:thumb:

Rodeo_jk

Not to hijack this thread but can i ask which of these tuners gives the most noticeable performance with a manual trans? I know they make a difference in autos with changing the shift points and what not but im curious what actual performance gains i could make with a manual

vgodley1

I have the Bully Dog gt and its been great and I did see a slight, (slight enough it might have been wishful thinking), improvement with their 87 octane program. haven't tried the 91 program yet. I really like that I can disable all stability features and use both the swaybar disconnect and lockers in 4 high as well as 4 low with one push of the button. it was not much hassle to install and came with a really nice ram window mount.

Rodeo_jk

I have the Bully Dog gt and its been great and I did see a slight, (slight enough it might have been wishful thinking), improvement with their 87 octane program. haven't tried the 91 program yet. I really like that I can disable all stability features and use both the swaybar disconnect and lockers in 4 high as well as 4 low with one push of the button. it was not much hassle to install and came with a really nice ram window mount.

My dad has a bullydog for his f150 he doesnt use, i may have to update it and try it on the jeep

utepgrad

I have a flashpaq and a manual trans. On the fuel economy setting my mpg went down when running around town.. not sure why.... I am taking a trip to colorado in a couple of weeks and that will to the official test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Does anyone know if any of these companies make one that'll work on a 2015 manual JKUR? Besides just the gear change ability? Being able to manipulate only one or two things on a '15 manual transmission doesn't seem worth the price of any of these tuners.

Shootingjeeper

I'm running the SuperChips Flashpaq on my 2014 JKUR. I run the 91 tune but still use only 87 octane gas. The throttle response is 100x better and my gas mileage has improved as well. Only issues I have had is when I plug it in to the computer to update it. It usually takes two or three tries before it downloads the new update completely. I have recently thought about selling it and upgrading to the Trail Dash.

aldaman

I'm running the SuperChips Flashpaq on my 2014 JKUR. I run the 91 tune but still use only 87 octane gas. The throttle response is 100x better and my gas mileage has improved as well. Only issues I have had is when I plug it in to the computer to update it. It usually takes two or three tries before it downloads the new update completely. I have recently thought about selling it and upgrading to the Trail Dash.

It may be out already, but I hear the new trail dash has a bigger touch screen 5" vs 4.3." If I had known that the new model was coming out I would have held off in buying one. But overall I am happy with the TD. I love the on screen changes / adjustments you can make and the different displays it offers vs just the Flashpaq. I ran a Flashpaq on my old 2008 JKU....

dwvninety

It may be out already, but I hear the new trail dash has a bigger touch screen 5" vs 4.3." If I had known that the new model was coming out I would have held off in buying one. But overall I am happy with the TD. I love the on screen changes / adjustments you can make and the different displays it offers vs just the Flashpaq. I ran a Flashpaq on my old 2008 JKU....

According to Superchips it wont be available until August 31, 2015

Top Bottom