Engine oil leak help

Jk909

I noticed a nice oil stain in my parking lot so I took a look under the jeep and it's not a small leak. It seems to be coming from up top somewhere but I can't tell. Any help? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436662897.110204.jpg

Brankz

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437012532.998519.jpg
That happen in my 2 door at around 58k

I over pay but the price was 1800 I think or maybe was 1600 I don't remember

Edit I was talking about rear main seal

Last edited:

Jk909

Any word from the shop?

Just went and picked it up. It was a cracked oil filter housing. What really sucks is the mechanic hit the side with a wrench. They tried to hide it but I noticed it right away. Now they have to take it to the body shop ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437012733.028069.jpg

USMC Wrangler

How the heck did that get cracked? Sucks on the dent. My hood and entire left side was attacked by hail. Still going through the claim since my deductible is low. I hate turning my vehicles over for someone else to fix...

Jk909

How the heck did that get cracked? Sucks on the dent. My hood and entire left side was attacked by hail. Still going through the claim since my deductible is low. I hate turning my vehicles over for someone else to fix...

I typically do my own service on my vehicles but one day I was really busy so I decided I would try the local valvoline instant oil change. I think the dumb kid that worked there may have over torqued the oil filter causing the housing to crack and leak. I went back there to speak with the manager after the dealer fixed my jeep and I was in formed that the kid had already been fired. I won't trust anybody to touch my baby again

Top Bottom