37in Falkens

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We've run them before and while they may be one of the most unsexy AT around, they actually perform quite well on and off the trail. You'll also get better MPG out of them too.

Skirmish

I had the 35's and did well with them on some sick rocks. I swapped for km2's for comparison but blew the engine before I got the chance to hit the trails so I can't compare yet but the time I did run them was impressive. The sidewalls are solid. I saw some good gouges without fail. They were quiet on the highway but heavy.

I was on three runs that km2's cut a sidewall and I never did so maybe I'm just that good or maybe they are a solid tire.

The sidewalls gripped like frogs feet in slick rock.

image-1583191125.jpg
image-3080428268.jpg

I took a little grief in wet sand on John Bull but I didn't think anyone else did better. I ran the hard line through Holcomb Creek on a wet day and did as well as any other tire but that might have been a bit if balls over brains.

http://youtu.be/uBKczNYHeLI

You can browse my YouTube channel and find numerous examples of the Falkens performing in heavy rock. I gained a bit of mpg with the km2, maybe an half mile or so but I never worried about cutting a tire with the rocky mts.

This one has some great Falken eye view of John Bull. http://youtu.be/WGTLOvW5eHw

Last edited:
I have had 35 km2's. And now on 37 Falkens I like the quite ride. Not much trail experience yet. But a friend runs them on his rig and they take a beating. He is the reason that I went with them. Plus with the doors off I can hear the radio. :)

bl17z90

I have had 35 km2's. And now on 37 Falkens I like the quite ride. Not much trail experience yet. But a friend runs them on his rig and they take a beating. He is the reason that I went with them. Plus with the doors off I can hear the radio. :)

Turn the radio up:thumb:

bl17z90

Do you have the upgraded system?

Mine almost booms like my old exploder with a full setup did.....almost:bleh:

GetOut

I run the 325/80/16 they have wheeled everywhere from Drummond Island Michigan, to the deserts of AZ. For an AT I think they do great in the mud, up on Drummond Island they pulled through everything we threw at them even when the mud was up to the doors. During the snow and ice season here they performed quite well. All in all I think they are one of the better AT tires I have had over the years, definitely like the ride compared to the Toyo OPAT's they replaced
water crossing 2.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg

FoxC

I had the 35's and did well with them on some sick rocks. I swapped for km2's for comparison but blew the engine before I got the chance to hit the trails so I can't compare yet but the time I did run them was impressive. The sidewalls are solid. I saw some good gouges without fail. They were quiet on the highway but heavy.

I have not run these tires, but can vouch for them after seeing some of the lines Skirmisch takes with them. They seem to do pretty good!

Keith...when are you dropping a hemi in that thing???;) I hope you are up and running soon!!!

Skirmish

I'm getting pretty sick of the dealer and now Chrysler never getting back to me. I asked for an update Tuesday and the Service Writer said he thinks all the parts arrived and he would get back to me. Cricket, cricket...

Anyway, I sold my Rocky Mts to a newer member so I'm looking forward to spotting them soon.

Top Bottom