Steering Question?

mds22

Had my synergy for 6 months or so and it's been great. In fact my whole front end is synergy. That pic looks like it is installed all wrong. Looks as the hole was drilled to big, installer not wanting to pay for his fuck up added washers or something hoping it would get tight enough you wouldn't notice. Then when it got loose someone tried tightening it without removing the pin causing the pin to jam under the nut.
Synergy has great customer service did you contact them? Did you go back to where it was installed? Curious what they said, b/c that would be messed up bad mouthing a company for installer error

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any recommendations on drag link flip kit options? Would like to beef up my steering a little.

Honestly, I would recommend that you just get an EVO drag link flip and front track bar relocation bracket. Yeah, it still uses the factory components but really, they are plenty strong and will get the job done. It's what I use on my rigs and if you've ever seen any of our videos, you'll know they can handle the punishment. That being said, what I would recommend you get is a Currie tie-rod. There is no one tie-rod bigger, beefier and more up to the task of taking the abuse you can throw at and this is based on personal experience. It isn't cheap but well worth it.

BigPrince

My trackbar, drag link (flipped), and tie rod are Synergy as well. Seen all the good hard fun stuff at Moab and SE parks. Would highly recommend it.

yoyoyeo02

I do have a track bar relocation bracket installed already. So the first step you would recommend is the EVO drag link flip?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do have a track bar relocation bracket installed already. So the first step you would recommend is the EVO drag link flip?

Is your bracket installed on the axle end or the frame end? Is it safe to assume you have a dropped pitman arm with it? If so, you would need to get rid of the pitman arm and reinstall your factory one. Also, you would want to install an axle mounted relocation bracket.

Devallee

Is your bracket installed on the axle end or the frame end? Is it safe to assume you have a dropped pitman arm with it? If so, you would need to get rid of the pitman arm and reinstall your factory one. Also, you would want to install an axle mounted relocation bracket.

Don't mean to hijack OP, but on the subject of the flip kit... I'm looking to go back to stock from my 3" lift therefore eliminating the need for my drag link flip kit. I was told all I'd have to do was pop out that sleeve from the flip kit, and install the stock drag link in its previous stock position. However that 13/16" hold is huge compared to the bolt end of the drag link and it seems like even if I get it as tight as possible there's tons of wiggle room in there. Is that ok? It seems to fit better with the sleeve in there but one of the guys at Evo told me specifically to take it out. It just doesn't seem like it would be secure in there at all. What do I do?

sjd78

Don't mean to hijack OP, but on the subject of the flip kit... I'm looking to go back to stock from my 3" lift therefore eliminating the need for my drag link flip kit. I was told all I'd have to do was pop out that sleeve from the flip kit, and install the stock drag link in its previous stock position. However that 13/16" hold is huge compared to the bolt end of the drag link and it seems like even if I get it as tight as possible there's tons of wiggle room in there. Is that ok? It seems to fit better with the sleeve in there but one of the guys at Evo told me specifically to take it out. It just doesn't seem like it would be secure in there at all. What do I do?

Why not put the sleeve in from the bottom side and then bolt the drag link back up?

Top Bottom