Inner axle shaft ring.. WTF?

shawnrobison77

I haven't seen these rings on any post or video to date.... Stick Dana 30 getting sleeves today... Do I need to put these back on? They won't match the new diameter with sleeves in?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They're just factory guides and you can toss them.

That being said, I personally wouldn't bother installing those sleeves.

shawnrobison77

They're just factory guides and you can toss them.

That being said, I personally wouldn't bother installing those sleeves.

Eddie, why not? The front is already done, should I not bother with the rear then? They're sport axles and I've bent tubes in the past on my CJ.
I'm about to change over to 5.13 gears with an Auburn ECTED locker in the rear, unfortunately, shafts were accidentally removed from my order so I have to make this trip with stock shafts too.
Any input is always welcome!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, why not? The front is already done, should I not bother with the rear then? They're sport axles and I've bent tubes in the past on my CJ.
I'm about to change over to 5.13 gears with an Auburn ECTED locker in the rear, unfortunately, shafts were accidentally removed from my order so I have to make this trip with stock shafts too.

With or without sleeves, your front axle housing can and will still bend. It's just a waste of time and money but, if you've already got it in, it won't cause any problems. You can't sleeve a rear.

Spudcannons

5.13s in a D30 may have a very weak pinion.

Top Bottom