Your thoughts on these...

Donny

Hello everyone,

As I am putting together a build list I need to know how much consideration I should give to a tire carrier that has the attachments for Gas/water containers, Hi jack(in my line of work we don't like those two words in the same sentence), storage racks....Do you ever really find yourself using the fuel on the back? I find that I like the EVO carrier but if I will need fuel I think I'd rather it not be in the veihicle... And does a 35" look to puny in a EVO carrier (yes seriously)

On Board Air....Viair 400c under the hood any good?

The least acceptable quality winch? Can't spend 1200-1500 for a Warn

Any thoughts would be great any other things that you feel are must haves my ears are open....:clap2:

Donny

1BAMFR

LOD's rear tire carrier has tons Accessories you can add to it. I love mine and it has taken a beating and still looks great.

Tranquillity

I too wanter a tire carrier with the possibility of carrying jerry can. I spotted the Or-Fab, I really liked the looks it give but ended up with the teraflex carrier. Have it for about a month now, it is pretty solid and I like the fact that you don't need to open the carrier before the tailgate... They doesn't have any accessories carrier right now but they are working on it..I hope it's going to look good. :)

Good luck finding yours

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We've run an LoD bumper tire carrier with trail rack and jerry can mounts for years.

main.php

It's a great setup, and one I wouldn't hesitate to do again but, we've found that it's not nearly as necessary as it was back when we had a TJ. With 4-door, we have a lot more cargo capacity and so long as you do some calculations before you head out, have not needed the extra gas. Needless to say, we now run EVO tire carriers.

main.php

:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will a 35" spare look silly in the EVO?

Donny

silly? i don't think so but anything smaller would. i think buddyhydro had that setup on his jeep for a while. maybe you can contact him and ask if he has any pics for you to look at.

Big-T

IMAG0278.jpg IMAG0279.jpg

Don't think you could go wrong with LoD's tire carrier gen 3 system they offer both styles, attached to tail gate or independent. Rock soild and Superior craftsmanship. Chris and the guys at LoD are top notch to deal with. EVO would be my choice if I was looking for a non-cargo system. Not sure if anyone has tried it yet, but I think some Rotopax fuel / water can's could be mounted with some simple mods. Good luck. :thumb:

bl17z90

I love what I hear about the lod rear bumper/tire carrier. But I have also heard that AEV has a pretty sweet rear bumper as well. Theirs is supposed to have 10 gallons of built in fluid storage thats meant for water, as well as a high lift jack mount, but theirs stands vertical and idk how I feel about that since it seems safer to carry a HL jack horizontal like the lod bumper does.

Donny

Does the LOD bumper or any bumper cause that much of a difference from a tail drag coming off of certain obstacles?

Donny

Donny

I gotta call EVO and ask if they have give discounts on buying a bunch of their stuff like Enforcer 4" with the flippy thingy, front bumper with the stinger, sliders and skins, carrier and skins...I know I'll have to have the wife write that check!!! CUZ I'll get a instant case of writers cramp :)

Donny

Donny

I too wanter a tire carrier with the possibility of carrying jerry can. I spotted the Or-Fab, I really liked the looks it give but ended up with the teraflex carrier. Have it for about a month now, it is pretty solid and I like the fact that you don't need to open the carrier before the tailgate... They doesn't have any accessories carrier right now but they are working on it..I hope it's going to look good. :)

Good luck finding yours

Is that the one that attaches to the hinges? I think I've seen the sales video for it.

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is that the one that attaches to the hinges? I think I've seen the sales video for it.

Donny

yes, the or-fab carrier attaches to the hinges and then to a latch that you install onto the rear quarter panel of your jeep.

mackey

I had the OR-Fab tire / Rotopax carrier on my old jeep. I liked everything but after one trip on the Rubicon and all the bouncing around, the carrier sagged and I had to physically lift it up in order to latch it. I called OR-Fab and they were not that helpful.

image-2654909002.jpg

Donny

I had the OR-Fab tire / Rotopax carrier on my old jeep. I liked everything but after one trip on the Rubicon and all the bouncing around, the carrier sagged and I had to physically lift it up in order to latch it. I called OR-Fab and they were not that helpful.

View attachment 7985

Mackey thanks....OR-Fab....No....bad customers service and not able to handle some small bumps...Check :)

Seriously though I looked at that setup and was very intrigued. So I will keep looking around.

Donny

Donny

I just noticed the Recovery and winch threads in the other section...sorry I posted all this stuff in this section...

I will go plow through the search feature for more info...

Donny

Top Bottom